Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,655 Posts
Yep had 15 qts of 5w-30 Kirkland so have used that the last two changes, have no concerns running 5w-30 for the life of the truck frankly. Running this for the next change for S&Gs. View attachment 554161
lol, you must go to SlickDeals like I do. I have 2 jugs of that as well, they had a nice fat rebate. Look at my post above, another nice fat rebate for some Mobil 1, I'd tell @KenedyTXTitan about it, but he might troll us again and tell us that Mobil 1 is the best oil on the planet. :p

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
lol, you must go to SlickDeals like I do. I have 2 jugs of that as well, they had a nice fat rebate. Look at my post above, another nice fat rebate for some Mobil 1, I'd tell @KenedyTXTitan about it, but he might troll us again and tell us that Mobil 1 is the best oil on the planet. :p
Nothin’ better!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sitting at the oil change place, Nissan dealership wanted to charge me $46 with me bringing my own oil and filter, effectively a $10 discount. So I called one of those little drive through places. I don't much care for the quick lube joints, but this place offered to do it for $27.00. I am getting a kick out of the oil change kid going through all the training with telling me about all the other things that DON'T need to be replaced. "It looks like the air filter is still good..." of course it does at only 3300 miles. And they have another kid that's helping, but he's too short to look over the top of the engine bay. Lol. Feels like such a racket....

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
Sitting at the oil change place, Nissan dealership wanted to charge me $46 with me bringing my own oil and filter, effectively a $10 discount. So I called one of those little drive through places. I don't much care for the quick lube joints, but this place offered to do it for $27.00. I am getting a kick out of the oil change kid going through all the training with telling me about all the other things that DON'T need to be replaced. "It looks like the air filter is still good..." of course it does at only 3300 miles. And they have another kid that's helping, but he's too short to look over the top of the engine bay. Lol. Feels like such a racket....
Just make sure they fill it and put the drain plug back in. I once went to have it done and the guy below didn’t have the plug in when the guy above started filling it. I made them stop and they said it’s full and it actually was 2+ quarts low. That was 30 years ago and nobody ever touched my cars again.
I was in an apartment so I figured why not get it done,WRONG, the was only the second time of paying someone and I’ve done it every other time since 1975. Be very careful.
My friend had them drain nothing and add the new oil on top, what a big mistake.
Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Just make sure they fill it and put the drain plug back in. I once went to have it done and the guy below didn’t have the plug in when the guy above started filling it. I made them stop and they said it’s full and it actually was 2+ quarts low. That was 30 years ago and nobody ever touched my cars again.
I was in an apartment so I figured why not get it done,WRONG, the was only the second time of paying someone and I’ve done it every other time since 1975. Be very careful.
My friend had them drain nothing and add the new oil on top, what a big mistake.
Clint
I got a kick out of them screaming out every single step, "tightening filter!". They even screamed out, "wiping off finger prints!", which was always a point of contention with me at just about all places, they seem to not care about finger prints on the hood, but these guys were pretty good about talking to each other about each step. It was a little refreshing to see how into their job they seemed.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
one of those places hand tightened the drain plug and it came out an hour later on the highway for a buddies son's car. my buddy had to replace the engine because it happened to so far down the road that the shop argued he has already driven it around for an hour

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
one of those places hand tightened the drain plug and it came out an hour later on the highway for a buddies son's car. my buddy had to replace the engine because it happened to so far down the road that the shop argued he has already driven it around for an hour
I think I'd have to consider legal recourse for that. I had some Rhino ramps that I used when I'd change the oil in my GTO, combined with a Fumoto drain valve, oil changes were a breeze. It also helps if you have a nice little driveway in which to do it. The oil change was so easy that the biggest pain was disposing of the oil. My local Autozone would take my used oil, but going into the little area to dispose of it, felt like I was walking across an ice skating rink to get to the oil recycle drum. Linoleum floors + used oil = youtube clip material.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts