Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at the 2020, I was wondering if the headlight fixtures could fit on the 2019 truck? The same goes with the taillight? I know we can't get our hands on the parts yet, but just thought I would reach out to see if anyone else has looked at this closer than I. It almost feels like the 2000 to 2003 Maxima light upgrade.

Looking for any thoughts on whether or not we think this could work.

·
Registered
645 Posts
In looking at the 2020, I was wondering if the headlight fixtures could fit on the 2019 truck? The same goes with the taillight? I know we can't get our hands on the parts yet, but just thought I would reach out to see if anyone else has looked at this closer than I. It almost feels like the 2000 to 2003 Maxima light upgrade.

Looking for any thoughts on whether or not we think this could work.
Looking at the pics it does appear tail and headlight should fit..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if the headlights will require updated wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
My bet is that there will be some slight differences - for example the shape of the lenses. The harness might be different too if they've gone to LED high beams. They might physically fit, though.

Also funny you mentioned the 5th gen maxima - those were backwards compatible, but the housings of the 5.5 gens were just a little bit larger than the 5.0 gen housings, so they fit a bit tighter when keeping the 5.0 gen bumpers. And I still have my 02 6-speed alongside my Titan :)

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bet is that there will be some slight differences - for example the shape of the lenses. The harness might be different too if they've gone to LED high beams. They might physically fit, though.

Also funny you mentioned the 5th gen maxima - those were backwards compatible, but the housings of the 5.5 gens were just a little bit larger than the 5.0 gen housings, so they fit a bit tighter when keeping the 5.0 gen bumpers. And I still have my 02 6-speed alongside my Titan :)
Nice! Sold my 2000 Maxima 6MT for a G35 6MT and then sold that for a 12 G37s 6MT. Still have the G37. It’s a family farm here with 2 Nissans, 1 Datsun and 1 Infiniti.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice! Sold my 2000 Maxima 6MT for a G35 6MT and then sold that for a 12 G37s 6MT. Still have the G37. It’s a family farm here with 2 Nissans, 1 Datsun and 1 Infiniti.

The G's seem like the natural progression from the maxima. I went to a 2010 GTI 6MT, 2013 Accord Coupe V6 6MT, then a 2015 335i 6MT. I exchanged the 335 for the Titan and I have a 981 Porsche Boxster S for the best of both worlds :) The maxima has been around the whole time and it's the one car I'll probably never part with. They don't make them like that anymore!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The G's seem like the natural progression from the maxima. I went to a 2010 GTI 6MT, 2013 Accord Coupe V6 6MT, then a 2015 335i 6MT. I exchanged the 335 for the Titan and I have a 981 Porsche Boxster S for the best of both worlds :) The maxima has been around the whole time and it's the one car I'll probably never part with. They don't make them like that anymore!
I know this is going off on a tangent. I completely agree with you. That is a solid Maxima, in fact the last one built in Japan. I feel the same way with my G37. In fact, I feel like my old 2006 G35 was a better car than my 2012 G37. I am pretty sure I will never part with my G37 and my 81 Z.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the idea that the 2020 will be brighter. Old eyes make me want the new setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whoever does a front and rear light swap let us know! If it's truly plug & play this could be a clean looking upgrade.

Next question would be; do the new headlights retain the tilt function with the roller switch from the cab?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big aftermarket potential for Nissan

·
Registered
5 Posts
They pics I included show the part numbers of both left/right headlights. I wasn't able to get the rear light part no#.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts