Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up fellow Titan community! I’m an old new member having owned a first year Titan back in 2004. It’s been so long my username didn’t work anymore...Haha.

I just recently picked up a 2021 Baja Storm Pro 4X and am loving it so far (especially the color)! I’m looking to set it up as an overland rig with some Bilstein 5100 or 6100 and Method 310 wheels/K02’s to start. I’m hoping to find some similar setups on here for guidance as I have been out of the truck game for many years. Definitely looking forward to some great adventures with my family in this beast for sure!
EAC16CE7-EB75-480B-9603-8363F089401F.jpeg
EAC42511-9B02-4F60-A103-3647A7354AC1.jpeg
A404B141-8D98-4F6F-8D81-81B508B2CCBA.jpeg
00E6934F-FC56-42F9-9994-8F06BF4E6697.jpeg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Great looking truck and welcome. Good luck finding a Titan setup for overlanding on here. There is one (I think its an XD) thats gone the dedicated route with small lift, wheels & tires and even has a bed rack that he modified to fit because no overlanding outfit on the market makes anything for these trucks. Lots of us want to go that route but finding a small lift that "fits" is difficult and even then fitting a decent size tire without any rubbing is impossible. I went 6" on mine can still barely clear 35's. My plan is to add a bed cap then a RTT cause at least some people out there make caps for these trucks.
Anyways good luck. Look forward to seeing your progress

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I appreciate it! I’m finding that out right now...I wanted to be different with a Titan setup but it seems different also comes along with difficult. Lol. Oh well, it is what it is. I’ll figure some stuff out and make sure to post progress to help anyone else out in the future.

Great looking truck and welcome. Good luck finding a Titan setup for overlanding on here. There is one (I think its an XD) thats gone the dedicated route with small lift, wheels & tires and even has a bed rack that he modified to fit because no overlanding outfit on the market makes anything for these trucks. Lots of us want to go that route but finding a small lift that "fits" is difficult and even then fitting a decent size tire without any rubbing is impossible. I went 6" on mine can still barely clear 35's. My plan is to add a bed cap then a RTT cause at least some people out there make caps for these trucks.
Anyways good luck. Look forward to seeing your progress

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
Awesome! All the best on your build - and welcome!

Reactions: Baja_Stormin_21

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Welcome! That Baja color is bad ***! You might want to follow this thread for your overland project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, thank you much!

Welcome! That Baja color is bad ***! You might to follow this thread for your overland project.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Nice truck as far as aftermarket parts go with you having a 2021 it's gonna be hard to find everything you want. I have a 2019 and since the COVID thing getting parts was a nightmare some stuff I waited 3 months on other stuff not so long. I tried different lifts the 3" didn't cut it so I went with 6" pro comp stage 2. My truck is pretty decked out but still finding little things to add. Just give it some time and you will find what your looking for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice truck as far as aftermarket parts go with you having a 2021 it's gonna be hard to find everything you want. I have a 2019 and since the COVID thing getting parts was a nightmare some stuff I waited 3 months on other stuff not so long. I tried different lifts the 3" didn't cut it so I went with 6" pro comp stage 2. My truck is pretty decked out but still finding little things to add. Just give it some time and you will find what your looking for.
Thanks for the insight. I am figuring out that you are correct in having a tough time to find available upgrades. All good...I’m patient and want to make sure I get it setup correctly!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I am figuring out that you are correct in having a tough time to find available upgrades. All good...I’m patient and want to make sure I get it setup correctly!
I bought a pro comp stage 2 6" lift thru 4 wheel parts. I tried the rough country but it didn't sit right on my truck I have 20x9" rims with pro comp 35x12.5R20 and it turns good. A lot of people will tell you the you don't have to replace your upper control arms but I replaced mine with adjustable ones. On the stage 2 kit you get the longer knuckles and adjustable coil over shock with traction bars up front I think it's a better system over all. If you wana go extreme like I did you can add a 40 gallon auxiliary fuel tank in your bed. I went thru tankandbarrel.com and got it and it fits perfectly in the bed.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
I bought a pro comp stage 2 6" lift thru 4 wheel parts. I tried the rough country but it didn't sit right on my truck I have 20x9" rims with pro comp 35x12.5R20 and it turns good. A lot of people will tell you the you don't have to replace your upper control arms but I replaced mine with adjustable ones. On the stage 2 kit you get the longer knuckles and adjustable coil over shock with traction bars up front I think it's a better system over all. If you wana go extreme like I did you can add a 40 gallon auxiliary fuel tank in your bed. I went thru tankandbarrel.com and got it and it fits perfectly in the bed.
Would really like a 40 gallon Titan tank…but they don’t make one for the 2020 Titan (non-XD). I don’t want an aux tank in the bed…

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Would really like a 40 gallon Titan tank…but they don’t make one for the 2020 Titan (non-XD). I don’t want an aux tank in the bed…
I have a non XD and my aux tank is a gasoline tank that feeds into my main tank go check out tankandbarrel.com my tank fits under my bed cover so nobody can tell it's a aux tank

·
Registered
1 Posts
What’s up fellow Titan community! I’m an old new member having owned a first year Titan back in 2004. It’s been so long my username didn’t work anymore...Haha.

I just recently picked up a 2021 Baja Storm Pro 4X and am loving it so far (especially the color)! I’m looking to set it up as an overland rig with some Bilstein 5100 or 6100 and Method 310 wheels/K02’s to start. I’m hoping to find some similar setups on here for guidance as I have been out of the truck game for many years. Definitely looking forward to some great adventures with my family in this beast for sure! View attachment 551117 View attachment 551118 View attachment 551119 View attachment 551120

I just recently picked up a 2021 Baja Storm Pro 4X and am loving it so far (especially the color)! I’m looking to set it up as an overland rig with some Bilstein 5100 or 6100 and Method 310 wheels/K02’s to start. I’m hoping to find some similar setups on here for guidance as I have been out of the truck game for many years. Definitely looking forward to some great adventures with my family in this beast for sure! View attachment 551117 View attachment 551118 View attachment 551119 View attachment 551120
I bought the same truck a couple weeks ago and added the sport bar and bed extender.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought the same truck a couple weeks ago and added the sport bar and bed extender.
View attachment 551251
Congratulations, that’s a great color! 😁 I actually had the sports bar removed on mine before picking it up and am currently selling it. Just going for a different setup and can’t have that back there in the bed. Anyone looking for a sports bar in San Diego area? Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts