Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to show my age here... 2021 doesn't have a cd player. Yes, I still listen to cd's... Has anyone ever put cd's on a usb drive? Can you do that? Will it play in the truck?

quit laughing all you youngsters!!

Registered
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ I haven鈥檛 used a CD since 2010. My vehicles have been less cluttered because of it. But I鈥檓 a young鈥檔 though.

Had to give you sh*t, but as far as putting music on a USB drive and the truck playing it, I have no clue, but if I had to guess I think it would work in the regular USB port and it would read it like an iPod? Or maybe there鈥檚 some cheap iPods still out there and that would be the easiest I think. Maybe someone who has done it will come along soon.

Premium Member
Going to show my age here... 2021 doesn't have a cd player. Yes, I still listen to cd's... Has anyone ever put cd's on a usb drive? Can you do that? Will it play in the truck?

I have over 1200 CDs, and have converted about 3/4 of them to mp3. I use a 32GB USB drive in the truck with no issues.

Premium Member
Yes. Everything is controlled by the infotainment screen. You can select artists, tracks, genres etc. Everything is setup in folders like using Windows on a pc. It's just like using a USB drive in a pc.

Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
man, i have had a cd since the 90s. those suckers melt in the car here so i just stuck with the fm radio

Registered
I never liked what was played on FM, so I always use a USB drive. Hell, I'm still listening to 80's metal on a daily basis.
We must be around the same age, Wilee. The 80's were the best!!!! I have an ipod nano and the majority of my songs are 80's music. I miss my mullet :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found this howto....

Premium Member
You can use Windows Media Player. It's called "Ripping a CD" - see link below. Windows is basically taking the CD "wav" files and converting them MP3 files. The MP3 files are smaller in size which makes them great for portability. You do lose some sound quality, but at my age I can't tell the difference anymore!

Reactions: busemans

Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
What's a CD? .... heh yes I'm joking.

You can also get Record/Tape/CD to USB devices that will let you record all your media. It's a little pricey, but probably because it's streamlined and digital rights people hate it (even though it's technically your library) The LP/Cassette to CD Audio Enhancing Converter - Hammacher Schlemmer

And, I did my absolute best, but I have to apologize, I wasn't able to find an 8-Track to USB player. :p

Premium Member
No reel to reel converter?

Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
Oh and you should probably just put all your library on your phone and let the truck play from the phone. I'm perfectly ok with my $5.99 a month XM subscription as when I play the decades music, I'm always surprised with a song that I hadn't heard in a long time.

Registered
2019 Titan Pro 4X, 2005 Pathfinder

So happy my 19 has the CD player-I use it all the time!鈥-last Titan year to have it.

Premium Member
Ha ha , not young here by any means (yes I remember 8 tracks, LP's and cassettes) but I was in the technology business now and audio (and video) business way back.
I have "ripped" my entire CD collection (800+) to FLAC and also created a "server" in my home to play from anywhere - anytime without having to sort through the list.
FLAC is much better than MP3 but a larger file.
Those files also play through my CD-less Alpine that I installed in my Titan.
Once you create the FLAC you use a USB drive to play them through the sound system.
It is great.

Reactions: CBEllis

Registered
You can use Windows Media Player. It's called "Ripping a CD" - see link below. Windows is basically taking the CD "wav" files and converting them MP3 files. The MP3 files are smaller in size which makes them great for portability. You do lose some sound quality, but at my age I can't tell the difference anymore!

I need to put my cd鈥檢 on mp3 instead of pulling from itunes鈥

Don't wanna repay for something I paid for 20 years ago!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts