Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
i am with @TitanSSOul , i use siriusxm for music (because the wife wanted it). as long as you aren't going under an overpass or trees, birds, clouds, etc, you get great music, ha ha ha!!!!

as much as i hate that she likes the pay for music station, its nice not having to change channels when driving across the usa and trying to search for another rock station

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Ha ha , not young here by any means (yes I remember 8 tracks, LP's and cassettes) but I was in the technology business now and audio (and video) business way back.
I have "ripped" my entire CD collection (800+) to FLAC and also created a "server" in my home to play from anywhere - anytime without having to sort through the list.
FLAC is much better than MP3 but a larger file.
Those files also play through my CD-less Alpine that I installed in my Titan.
Once you create the FLAC you use a USB drive to play them through the sound system.
It is great.
I would have gone with FLAC, but I don't think the Titan infotainment system recognizes FLAC files.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
I need to put my cd’z on mp3 instead of pulling from itunes…

Don't wanna repay for something I paid for 20 years ago!!!
So true! I got a Toshiba Gigabeat, probably 20 years ago, I ripped all of my music and have around 180 gigs on a portable hardrive now. I stream music most of the time but I did put a good variety on my iphone - around 35 gigs, I think. The bluetooth is really good in the new titans - good, clear transfer. Both my daughters pay for streaming via Spotify - but not me, I just run the free versions, mainly Pandora...it's like the AOL of music streaming services...also showing my age as I still use my AOL account...

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
dang, aol. i didn't even know that still was around.

but my email is so old, i actually have my name with no numbers or symbols added. all of my accounts are my name on msn, yahoo, and gmail so you know that's old

back when kmart blue light internet discs would let you backdoor hack their system and get on the net for free after the trial expired and you started boot up on your computer and c

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Sorry to say, but MP3s won't reproduce the high quality music files on a CD. Unfortunate, but if music quality (rather than quantity) is something your ear can hear and you value, you may have to look for a different headunit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Going to show my age here... 2021 doesn't have a cd player. Yes, I still listen to cd's... Has anyone ever put cd's on a usb drive? Can you do that? Will it play in the truck?

quit laughing all you youngsters!!
well look at that no more cd players in cars now. I had a 2001 toyota echo with just a cassette player lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I copied my CDs into my laptop and loaded that onto a mini SD card for my phone and can listen to any of my music via Bluetooth. Satellite is sketchy here in the Pacific Northwest, all those damn trees and mountains, and radio has too much schlock too listen for long.

·
Premium Member
72,076 Posts
Reactions: CBEllis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stick bow, no worries. I was very concerned about the lack of CD. Downloading to a USB is not that difficult, since I did it. The Titan plays the USB drive with no problems. I think I saw somewhere that there is a size limit on the drive but I don’t know the limit. I know a 32 gig plays.

For you you youngsters, I still have the cassette player in my 99 GT play car. And it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
72,076 Posts
I still have a Craig Powerplay on the shelf in my shop with a gym bag full of 8 tracks that still works great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to try the mp3/ usb route on a couple of cd's and see if I can live with the quality. it will probably be fine for me. Too bad the flac files won't work...

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
do you guys remember how you could get an am/fm radio with the cb radio option back in the day on some cars? i think it was buick an older buick Riviera i saw it in. i think 80s model

our 98 Toyota camry had the cd and tape deck that was very similar to the frontier radio

·
Registered
64 Posts
do you guys remember how you could get an am/fm radio with the cb radio option back in the day on some cars? i think it was buick an older buick Riviera i saw it in. i think 80s model

our 98 Toyota camry had the cd and tape deck that was very similar to the frontier radio
I had a '78 F100 with an 8 track along with a CB. It was my first truck in high school.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
721 Posts
My 98’ Frontier had CD and Tape deck…

And yes… when u pushed the ac button the compressor actually turned off!!!
View attachment 551284
Lol, I swear just about none of my last 5 cars with climate control (not just the switch from hot to cold) turn the compressor off if I push the button. Whoever built the logic in these settings needs to be flogged. I usually make it a habit of trying to turn off the compressor about 5 minutes before my destination to avoid the nasty mildew smell from the lines. A lot of people think I'm weird for doing it, but none of my cars smell like an old gym towel after a few years of ownership.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X
438 Posts
I always used Audiograbber to rip CDs to MP3. Does WMP make mp3s?
Yes it does - that's what I've always used. Still showing my age but Apple makes it too complicated - I don't have time to mess with it. Love my iPhone but I'd rather use PC's for work / media / net.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is one reason I love my 2018 SV 4x4, it came with a CD player. I have a lot of CD’s. I just bought a new one last weekend in fact. I like the classic rock stations on SXM but there are times I want to hear a certain CD and not lose the quality of the sound. All of my vehicles have CD players and I plan to keep it that way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Going to show my age here... 2021 doesn't have a cd player. Yes, I still listen to cd's... Has anyone ever put cd's on a usb drive? Can you do that? Will it play in the truck?

quit laughing all you youngsters!!
I have a 2018V but i have yet to use the CD player...LOL

21 - 40 of 48 Posts