Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just had the Fabtech 6" lift installed on my 2021 P4X, along with Icon Rebound 18x9 with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 295/70/18.

Sorry I don't have better pics yet, but... that's because I can't drive it, hence my second question. Anyone else running this lift? The steering knuckle is contacting the spring on both sides so severely, it's rubbed the powder coat off the springs already and it was only driven <1 mile to get an alignment. My installer -- who has done extensive work on my Jeep and Xterra before and I trust implicitly -- says he contacted Fabtech and they had "never heard of this" (of course). Now that it's back from the alignment shop, he'll have to pull the wheels off and verify the part numbers on the knuckles, and then send some pics to Fabtech on Monday.

I'm kinda bummed, but hoping it's a simple issue that has been overlooked. But, hoping someone else has the same lift on a 2nd gen, and can LMK if they had any issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
407 Posts
Looks absolutely awesome! Great wheel/tire combo. Hopefully there is a simple fix to the issue, I have no experience with these lifts on 2nd gen. Following for sure.

·
Registered
2021 Armada SL 👍🏻
522 Posts
Looks so good. But yes, there’s an issue. I’m getting our Maxima serviced today and looked at a fabtech lifted 21 Titan and there are no clearance issues - not even close. But, those Mickey’s look badazz!!! Nice all around. I’m sure they’ll get you fixed up.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Might be worth checking with Fabtech (and getting pics of another T with this lift installed) as the steering arms may need to be swapped. On Gen1 Titans there was at least one 6" lift which required this swap.

Reactions: Dinamael

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be worth checking with Fabtech (and getting pics of another T with this lift installed) as the steering arms may need to be swapped. On Gen1 Titans there was at least one 6" lift which required this swap.
That was my hope in posting here, to find someone else w/ this lift so I could see pics. No luck so far.

My installer is going back and forth with Fabtech. The latest from him is:

"Well, they said that they are trying to come up with a fix and that they have never seen this before. I think some people just don't notice the inner tie rod end hitting the spring or they think it just how the lift is and never said anything."

On another note, at least my other issue was resolved (the brake lines were rubbing on the back of the wheel after relocating them per the install instructions).

"As for the brake line, they said in the instructions to drop it down to the bump stop extension but that caused rubbing. I just put it back in the factory location and it seems fine now. They didn't even need to drop it down on this year."

Small victories, I guess.

There were other weird issues in the installation instructions as well. I think they need to revisit this kit and the instructions. It's a bit rough around the edges.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those following, I'm happy to say that my issue has been resolved. Apparently, the bushings on the bottom of the front Bilsteins have a "fat" side and a "skinny side" where one side of the bushing sticks out further than the other side. Who knew? By rotating the bushings, voila, the spring is no longer pushed into the tie-rod end. I finally have my truck back in my garage (and it still fits, with 1 inch of clearance, hurray!). Everything looks and drives good so far. Hoping to get it out on the trails soon to give it a good shake-down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts