Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,815 Posts
Well, I finally did it. Traded my 05 Titan LE for a 21 Pro 4x. Put 300+ miles on it on the drive home and averaged 18.6mpg. So far I’m really liking it. Although I am going to miss the ol’ girl, bought it new in March 05 View attachment 555651 View attachment 555652

Looks like you really took care of the last one. I'm sure this new one will last you a long time. How does the 5.6 in the new one feel in comparison to the old one? I figure the extra gears in the transmission make it feel a little snappier. Oh and about the transmission, it's a little bit weird in parking lots, and low speeds so just hang in there as a lot of us are waiting with baited breath for a reflash of the transmission. Great color and congrats!

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,982 Posts
dang! that original titan still looked decent. that new one looks really good with the top on the back, though.

you had to drop down to regular mirrors... i bet that takes a little getting used to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I used it, but I also took care of it.
Engine performance is hard to judge with the new transmission, it definitely feels snappier and sound’s throatier. I honestly didn’t even do much research on this Gen Titan before buying it. After driving it for a week and a half, I think I know what you’re referring too but would like your input before I comment. Curious if it’s the same.
And thank you, I’m liking the color. Not a huge fan of the topper, but it was already there and it will come in handy when needed.

Looks like you really took care of the last one. I'm sure this new one will last you a long time. How does the 5.6 in the new one feel in comparison to the old one? I figure the extra gears in the transmission make it feel a little snappier. Oh and about the transmission, it's a little bit weird in parking lots, and low speeds so just hang in there as a lot of us are waiting with baited breath for a reflash of the transmission. Great color and congrats!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang! that original titan still looked decent. that new one looks really good with the top on the back, though.

you had to drop down to regular mirrors... i bet that takes a little getting used to.
Yes, my old Titan was still a good truck, just ready for something new. I’ll probably take the topper off in the spring once I figure out where I’m going to store it. It will definitely have it's time and place.
I told my wife when we were test driving it, I’d have to get used to the smaller mirrors. I might end up putting the tow mirrors on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts