Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Commonly described as axle wrap, I guess…

Bad driveshaft clunk or slop started a few months ago (from a stop to accelerate)…replaced the driveshaft, didn’t help. Did the “unofficial“ tranny update…didn’t help. Then re-greased the driveshaft slip yoke with Honda urea grease on June 9th….100% completely fixed. Fast forward 25 days (today) and it is starting back. I REALLY don’t want to regrease EVERY month. I work at Nissan and my main tech is amazing and will do whatever is needed…I asked him to reach out to Nissans field tech engineer today as it is happening again…engineer once again said it’s a known issue with Titan and didn’t give much assistance this time around other than re-grease and wait for official tranny update. No other Titan I have driven has done this…could it have something to do with my ICON lift? Help is appreciated…as we are finding ways to make the issue temporarily go away but wonder what the root cause may be…so I can get my tech to check other options based on other‘s experiences.

2021 Titan Pro4x

Btw…official v2 of the transmission update is scheduled to be released the end of this month…engineer did say that . 👍

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Commonly described as axle wrap, I guess…

Bad driveshaft clunk or slop started a few months ago (from a stop to accelerate)…replaced the driveshaft, didn’t help. Did the “unofficial“ tranny update…didn’t help. Then re-greased the driveshaft slip yoke with Honda urea grease on June 9th….100% completely fixed. Fast forward 25 days (today) and it is starting back. I REALLY don’t want to regrease EVERY month. I work at Nissan and my main tech is amazing and will do whatever is needed…I asked him to reach out to Nissans field tech engineer today as it is happening again…engineer once again said it’s a known issue with Titan and didn’t give much assistance this time around other than re-grease and wait for official tranny update. No other Titan I have driven has done this…could it have something to do with my ICON lift? Help is appreciated…as we are finding ways to make the issue temporarily go away but wonder what the root cause may be…so I can get my tech to check other options based on other‘s experiences.

2021 Titan Pro4x

Btw…official v2 of the transmission update is scheduled to be released the end of this month…engineer did say that . 👍
Has everything to do with Icon lift.. I put a rc 3” on a 45k mile 20’ and now I have some occasional axle wrap when I hit it hard off the line…

Some folks are claiming the Roadmaster active suspension system eliminates it…

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has everything to do with Icon lift.. I put a rc 3” on a 45k mile 20’ and now I have some occasional axle wrap when I hit it hard off the line…

well the icon lift is staying on….so what options do I have? Seems traction bars are mentioned a lot. Icon is a mild lift…but good grief does my Titan drive like crap lately. I doubt Nissan will keep paying warranty work based on a “non-fixable” issue. Kinda strange that nissan would bless icon as “oem” with this type issue….unless there is a fix and we (dealership) have to keep opening claims to find Nissans fix. I don’t think traction bars are on the “warranty work” list…but I have no problem buying some to make this go away if there is no Nissan fix.

scott

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X Glacier White
53 Posts

I have the RAS tightened to max and still get clunks. I also have the Icon lift but am pretty sure the clunks were there before the lift too.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Yes hard sharp throttle inputs will clunk the drivetrain from time to time..

I have even seen these complaints occasionally on various reviews.

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,053 Posts
I put Hellwig 2002 Traction Control springs on my 2012, and they completely eliminated the clunk. I added them before my RC 3' lift and they are still effective after adding the lift.

This is the set that I bought:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts