Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just hit 10K this week on my 2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X and had an issue today out of no where. No sound, no ability to change channels and at time screen for audio went black.
Took me awhile to figure out to reboot it like a normal computer sometimes needs. So pushed and held the Power On button for 20-30 seconds and the screen lights back up with Nissan Connect then moves on to normal graphics and controls again. Not sure how many have had this issue and I have no clue how it went out but this process did reboot my screen system and controls.
I couldn't find anywhere in the 2021 truck manual to do this procedure.

Sure many probably had this and probably figured it out as well on your own but for any that haven't had it happen or have and are working to get it back hope this helps!

Love my truck so far and hope this isn't an issue regualrly.

·
Premium Member
2019 Nissan Titan SV Crew Cab 5.6L Gas Engine
251 Posts
I've actually had mine do the same thing twice, I have a 2019 Titan SV, and one day I changed out the antenna to a smaller one that wouldn't get caught in the wraps in an automatic car wash so after I changed it I got no signal no Sirius nothing so I did like you did and held in both buttons until it shut down and rebooted and it came back up fine. I was told by the dealer that it's a common issue and that the only way to reboot it is by holding in the two buttons to reset it.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Sky

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
117 Posts
On our 2019 PR, we get random reboots, where the radio just "shuts down" and stays completely black for about 30 seconds, then reboots itself, most of the time everything is still fine, although once last summer, it went into a reboot loop where it would turn off, nissan logo came up and sound played for a split second, before repeating the cycle, did this about 10 times, before staying off for 5 minutes. When it came back on, it was like a factory reset, had to redo all of our presets, sound settings etc and our Navigation, wouldn't display any POI, etc, and Sirius channel logos wouldn't show up on the display, just the SIRIUS/XM logo itself on all channels. The Sirius problem worked itself out after a few days, but the NAV didn't work maps properly like returning searches etc for months, then suddenly it just worked again. Our local dealer was unable to find any issues, or TSB and of course, it wouldn't replicate for them.

In the last couple of weeks it has happened to me (the quick reboot) a couple of times.. but it is my wife's daily driver, so not sure how much it happens to her.

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X Glacier White
47 Posts
Happens to me about twice a month. Sometimes when playing music loud and others not, so nothing particular sets it off, literally.
Must be quiet time mode.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2021 P4X has been doing it more and more lately. I also have a crackle when using Apple CarPlay (on another thread). Dealer swapped radios and usb hub and the crackle still happens. Only with CarPlay with Spotify (or any music app) while using a Navi App. But black screen, frozen screen, & rebooting happens almost weekly now. I think it needs a software update to which Nissan Consumer Affairs said there is not one but one coming soon. Was told that about a year ago so I contacted them again and nothing.... Pretty annoying. Other than that, truck has been great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2021 P4X has been doing it more and more lately. I also have a crackle when using Apple CarPlay (on another thread). Dealer swapped radios and usb hub and the crackle still happens. Only with CarPlay with Spotify (or any music app) while using a Navi App. But black screen, frozen screen, & rebooting happens almost weekly now. I think it needs a software update to which Nissan Consumer Affairs said there is not one but one coming soon. Was told that about a year ago so I contacted them again and nothing.... Pretty annoying. Other than that, truck has been great.
So far it has happened only once for 21 model pro4x. Only at 11K miles so still early. Nissan should be able to help fix that kind if issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So far it has happened only once for 21 model pro4x. Only at 11K miles so still early. Nissan should be able to help fix that kind if issue.
Mine has actually gotten worse. They swapped the radio and usb hub.... nothing. But just last week, Nissan offered to take the truck back over the radio issue. I am amazed and moving forward to give it back. Love the truck otherwise but I am a nit picker expect things to work like they should.

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Mine has actually gotten worse. They swapped the radio and usb hub.... nothing. But just last week, Nissan offered to take the truck back over the radio issue. I am amazed and moving forward to give it back. Love the truck otherwise but I am a nit picker expect things to work like they should.
Do they offer a replacement truck?

Clint

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do they offer a replacement truck?

Clint
No replacement truck. Maybe because I was leasing. I am getting all my money back though so that is what prompted me to move forward with giving it back. I am still shocked they are doing this after reading stories of Lemon Law cases with Nissan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No replacement truck. Maybe because I was leasing. I am getting all my money back though so that is what prompted me to move forward with giving it back. I am still shocked they are doing this after reading stories of Lemon Law cases with Nissan.
Just like a squatter. Use the money for purchasing another titan?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts