Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had an appointment today after reading about all the positive reviews here of the tcm ntb 21028. I waited for 4 hours and then they told me they weren’t able to do anything because it wasn’t available as an update for my 21’ pro4x. They did an Ecm de97aa update, but of course not that one I needed.

Has anyone been able to get their 2021 updated with the new TCM? Any suggestions on how to make the dealer do it? I’m so sick of them... any suggestions would be helpful

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I mentioned that it another thread. Not surprising they aren't going to touch a 2021 when the bulletin explicitly states 2020.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Since Im being screen shotted I'll respond. I spoke to the service guy at my dealership the other day and told him I was experiencing the same issues as related to the TSB and he said the reason they cant apply it to the 21 model is because the coding in the 21 ecu and tcm is different. Apparently nothing is different between the two years but the new updates work in conjunction with the coding from the 20 model. He said I could bring my truck in and scan and see if the coding is the same and if so they could apply the update. Depending on build date some of the 21 trucks have the same coding. He also said that hes confident a dedicated update for the 21 model should be along shortly

Could that be BS sure but the guy made it sound legit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Call Nissan Consumer Affairs and open a case with them. Tell them you're having the described issues in your 2021 but your local dealer says they can't help you because the bulletin is for 2020 only. Probably just need enough 2021 owners having the issue to complain so that Nissan hears them and updates the bulletin to cover 2021 also. (Or issue a new 2021-specific bulletin if the coding is really different as 07xln's dealer says).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts