Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,076 Posts
PRG customer service is non existent. If you like giving your money to someone that doesn't care, then go for it. Read the horror reviews on this site. Terrible.

·
Premium Member
72,076 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not many folks out there cater to the Titan crowd especially when it comes to suspension. It was merely a suggestion. Untwist those panties

·
Premium Member
72,076 Posts
Just straightening out your usual bad suggestions, noob...

Reactions: TA CC TX

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have 300 miles on my 2021 Titan Pro 4X. Besides a slight throttle issue I'm having, its a great truck!

I bought for the intention to Overland mildly. My goal is to get to hard to reach places for camping with the family and friends on off-the-beat'n-path places, but I'm not trying to go rock crawling to do that lol.

My first goal is to do Tires and Suspension. Budget would try to stay under $4,000 for suspension. I do NOT want to go cheap on the suspension. Been there, done that. If all i was doing was jacking this to put tires and rims and run around town, sure. But I'll actually be putting a bed rack, roof top tent, cargo in back, etc. Like, this will be a utility purpose build.

The CLOSEST thing that I've found was in 2017, you could get an Icon suspension for the Titan for a 3" lift that would be an actual better ride than the stock Bilstein's and give me the lift I need for larger tires. 3" is what I'm going after. 6" is too much. Don't want to tip over (seen a Jeep tip from being top heavy with all the gear). But the only Icon set i see is for the XD Titan, which I don't have.

I really am not a suspension expert, and would like to see if anyone has a good suspension system that would work on my 2021 Titan. I know RC makes them (and I know a lot of people love them) but its not my thing. I've even wrote BDS as they don't even service the Titan lineup (but they do Isuzu, ironically ?)

Anyways, need some help. Goal is 3" lift, 35's and 17"/18" rims (yes i know i'll have to cut for 35's. I'll need a new bumper eventually lol). Current picture before lift, below

Thanks in advance!

-Andy

View attachment 549702
Actually ICON does make a 3" lift for the 2021 Titan Pro-4X. I was at the dealership getting info on it a few weeks ago. I have a 2021 P4X myself. They quoted $3,300 for 3" ICON installed. I was told that its not a real 3 inches, closer to 2"-2.5" but measuring the 3" kit from Rough Country its seems about the same. I was unsure about the height I wanted and opted for a RC lift because it was super cheap and would allow me to see if 3" was enough before I spent $3,000+ on a good kit. I really like the way it looks and it actually rides very nice on road too. I have 1800 miles on it, 1000 of which has been on the tank trails and rocky climbs at the Fort Hood, TX Army training area. The RC kit has been surprisingly...well...fantastic. The only issue would be the rough ride from the back end of the truck. I still have the stock Bilstien shocks. I was told that Bilstiens have a much higher pressure than other offroad brands and the added kit really shows this. For now, I think I will continue to run the RC kit but upgrade to Fox Shocks and see how it goes.
I also put on a set of Toyo RT tires 285/75/R18. They look so good on my truck! They have also perform like I never thought a non true mud tire would and they have great mileage warranty. I added the coverage for 100% replacement if I damage them off road. Total cost of tires installed was $2100. I had to trim a lot!! The inner fender plastic crap had to go away in several spots, as did the Pro-4X mud flaps up front. No trimming at the back end at all. I will be far under your $4000 dollar budget even with the added Fox shocks added. I don't know how long the RC kit will hold up...but for now I am impressed. Currently building a custom overland rack then moving on to bumpers/winch. Those are the other very difficult parts to find for the non XD models. The factory running boards will eventually have to be replaced with true rock sliders too. I'm surprised I have ripped them of my truck yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Actually ICON does make a 3" lift for the 2021 Titan Pro-4X. I was at the dealership getting info on it a few weeks ago. I have a 2021 P4X myself. They quoted $3,300 for 3" ICON installed. I was told that its not a real 3 inches, closer to 2"-2.5" but measuring the 3" kit from Rough Country its seems about the same. I was unsure about the height I wanted and opted for a RC lift because it was super cheap and would allow me to see if 3" was enough before I spent $3,000+ on a good kit. I really like the way it looks and it actually rides very nice on road too. I have 1800 miles on it, 1000 of which has been on the tank trails and rocky climbs at the Fort Hood, TX Army training area. The RC kit has been surprisingly...well...fantastic. The only issue would be the rough ride from the back end of the truck. I still have the stock Bilstien shocks. I was told that Bilstiens have a much higher pressure than other offroad brands and the added kit really shows this. For now, I think I will continue to run the RC kit but upgrade to Fox Shocks and see how it goes.
I also put on a set of Toyo RT tires 285/75/R18. They look so good on my truck! They have also perform like I never thought a non true mud tire would and they have great mileage warranty. I added the coverage for 100% replacement if I damage them off road. Total cost of tires installed was $2100. I had to trim a lot!! The inner fender plastic crap had to go away in several spots, as did the Pro-4X mud flaps up front. No trimming at the back end at all. I will be far under your $4000 dollar budget even with the added Fox shocks added. I don't know how long the RC kit will hold up...but for now I am impressed. Currently building a custom overland rack then moving on to bumpers/winch. Those are the other very difficult parts to find for the non XD models. The factory running boards will eventually have to be replaced with true rock sliders too. I'm surprised I have ripped them of my truck yet. View attachment 551352
Looks good! I didn't want to spend $1k on running boards for that same reason lol.

I'm still looking into things. Have not done the suspension yet. Had some delays. Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just order some 5100's for my 21 sv 4x4! A lot of people must like them they are
20210402_194110 (1).jpg
back ordered so won't get on T till mid August

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked to a tech at my dealership yesterday. He told me that the Icon lift kit part number does not show up for the 20-21 models because Nissan does not know how the change in height will affect the forward facing sensors (or at least has not come up with an adjustment method for it). These are mounted in the lower grille and they don't really have a way to make the adjustment for the additional height. It seems the lift kit parts fit fine, its just a matter of assuring the sensors read properly. Just wondering if anybody who has lifted their vehicle has noticed a difference in the operation of their Intelligent forward Collision warning system.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I talked to a tech at my dealership yesterday. He told me that the Icon lift kit part number does not show up for the 20-21 models because Nissan does not know how the change in height will affect the forward facing sensors (or at least has not come up with an adjustment method for it). These are mounted in the lower grille and they don't really have a way to make the adjustment for the additional height. It seems the lift kit parts fit fine, its just a matter of assuring the sensors read properly. Just wondering if anybody who has lifted their vehicle has noticed a difference in the operation of their Intelligent forward Collision warning system.
I have a 6" lift and have noticed i have to get much closer to something before my sensors start to sound off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I ordered the kit for my 2020 Plat Res from Robert Mclane at Formula Nissan in VT. It's still prob 4-6 weeks out from delivery. But once I stalled I'll let you know what effects It has on the front facing sensors.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts