Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this happen? These are NOT scratches, it appears to be delaminating or something? If you take a soft cloth and rub it spreads, I’ve seen similar defects on MacBooks before I believe. I have an appt Friday to have them look at it, wanting it to be replaced.

Also having an issue with crackling during CarPlay music randomly, I saw someone else mention this too. Hoping a head unit swap fixes both issues?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,859 Posts
I think there is a few posts about this. I think they took the trucks back to the dealership and got new radios

·
Registered
453 Posts
I’ve been waiting 3 months for my new radio

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,859 Posts
Ruh roh. Maybe theirs a shortage and you go on a list than

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
398 Posts
I just ordered this…

I don’t know how good it is, but for under $25 I’m going to give it a try! Has a bunch of different options as far as finish, touch etc. I’m definitely recommending a trip to the dealer and they will replace - eventually. I will write up a review of this product for others!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nissan has agreed to replace the unit. Does anyone know if its just a screen that attaches to the internals they will replace, or is it one complete unit with internals/screen together?

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
656 Posts
Nissan has agreed to replace the unit. Does anyone know if its just a screen that attaches to the internals they will replace, or is it one complete unit with internals/screen together?
I found this listing on Fleabay for an OEM head unit. It looks like it's a whole head unit, not just a display screen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I am not the only one now with the crackling/ static when using CarPlay. I posted about it a couple months ago. Took it in to the dealer 4x already and they swapped the USB plugs and that didn't do squat. Finally they decided to swap the whole radio. However that was almost a month ago and I am still waiting. I am guessing they are on backorder... The crackling is pretty bad with mine.
I wonder if anyone with the 2020 has had any issues. I would imagine it is the same model/ unit. I'll let you all know if the replacement (when I get it) fixes the CarPlay crackle. No delaminating on my unit as of yet..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My head unit has arrived and I am scheduled to get it replaced Tuesday 8/31, I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone had this happen? These are NOT scratches, it appears to be delaminating or something? If you take a soft cloth and rub it spreads, I’ve seen similar defects on MacBooks before I believe. I have an appt Friday to have them look at it, wanting it to be replaced.
I have this exact issue right now. Gotta make time to take mine in.

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X Glacier White
14 Posts
Well I am not the only one now with the crackling/ static when using CarPlay. I posted about it a couple months ago. Took it in to the dealer 4x already and they swapped the USB plugs and that didn't do squat. Finally they decided to swap the whole radio. However that was almost a month ago and I am still waiting. I am guessing they are on backorder... The crackling is pretty bad with mine.
I wonder if anyone with the 2020 has had any issues. I would imagine it is the same model/ unit. I'll let you all know if the replacement (when I get it) fixes the CarPlay crackle. No delaminating on my unit as of yet..
I just got back from a trip and finally had a chance to use CarPlay to listen to a podcast. I have the static issue and it comes and goes. I’ll just deal with it until there’s an actual fix tho.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm curious of Bosch is still the supplier for it or if they changed.

Last summer around April/May timeframe there was a dealer stop-sale order for this issue and they had to replace all of the headunits for Titans in dealer inventory before resuming sale. I bought my truck a couple of weeks after the stop sale was lifted.

I'm wondering if 1) my truck didn't actually get its unit replaced or 2) they didn't fix the problem. I'm leaning toward 2 as there are 21 models with the issue and mine is a 20.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And when the service advisor & I went for a ride.... no problems! Sounded great playing through Apple CarPlay. Of course as soon as I drive away and I am on the road for a bit.... sounded worse than it was with the crackling/ static. Bye truck! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts