Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
They informed me yesterday they would need more than the scheduled time to replace as you have to take apart half of the dash. I had to leave it with them yesterday and they are going to finish it today, I will be picking it up this evening.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got the truck back, so far everything seems good. Too early to tell if it fixed the intermittent crackling, but the screen itself looks good. Debating if I should get a screen protector? Also waiting to see if the dash has any new rattles or not!

wonder how many of these defective units are out there? Hoping the new one is more durable.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
366 Posts
I opted for the protector, has worked great so far. I figure it can’t hurt, especially since I work construction and sometimes different chemicals or substances can be on my hands. One little expense to hopefully negate any unwanted scratches, smudges, or damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got the truck back, so far everything seems good. Too early to tell if it fixed the intermittent crackling, but the screen itself looks good. Debating if I should get a screen protector? Also waiting to see if the dash has any new rattles or not!

wonder how many of these defective units are out there? Hoping the new one is more durable.
Awesome! Hope your crackling does not come back. Mine came back right as I drove away from the dealership. It doesn’t do it as much so it’s a tad better. I thought for sure the new radio would have fixed it. Nope… oh well for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an update with the crackling while using CarPlay. Have my new radio and it hasn't crackled since I have not used one of the Navigation Apps on my iPhone. Play music using Spotify with no issues... But if I do open one of the Navigation Apps, then it starts to crackle. So it seems like an app conflict with playing music from an app and running a navi app. Maybe the CarPlay software or maybe the Nissan's radio software? In any case, I think it comes down to poor software talking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 Titan and have had on multiple occasions the entire head unit either freeze up or not recognize anything connected to it (USB or Bluetooth). Just this weekend on a roadtrip after a gas stop, none of our phones would reconnect via USB and the bluetooth would only show songs on dash cluster and not unit screen. Nav showed map but no directions. Had to use app on phone that wouldn't play through stereo..taking in this weekend for electronic rear lock not working and I'll see if they can replicate it (doubt it).

·
Registered
439 Posts
After about 6 months of waiting my new screen finally came in and got installed last Tuesday.
Plant Automotive design Gadget Gas Audio equipment

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Lucky! Haha mine will crackle only when I use a navi app while playing music.
Just curious - do you have satellite view on? I tried turning off satellite view and havent had any issues since, but wasnt sure if that was because of the new head unit or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just curious - do you have satellite view on? I tried turning off satellite view and havent had any issues since, but wasnt sure if that was because of the new head unit or not.
I don’t but it is a weird one. Sometimes I’ll hear a pop or crackle when changing things on the radio while touching the screen. Not bad but there is some kind of conflict with it. I’ve been using the trucks Navi and no issues. Music plays great!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts