Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 pro4x titan. It's got the convenience package but only has heated leather seats. Is there a way to added ventilation? I didn't think it would be that big a deal but I'm having second thoughts...

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
740 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 pro4x titan. It's got the convenience package but only has heated leather seats. Is there a way to added ventilation? I didn't think it would be that big a deal but I'm having second thoughts...
Welcome aboard, and I'm right there with you. Unfortunately, adding them means having to order the panoramic roof. I wish they could be ordered separately, but it's a part of that package. I'm sure you could replace the seats and get them installed by the dealership, but it won't be cheap. If you haven't put too many miles on it, I'd ask about swapping it out. That's about the only feature I wish I had sprung for in my Titan. I have it in my other vehicle and it makes quite a difference on long drives.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your best bet would be a lucky junk yard find...the amount of parts required for the cooled seats is pretty extensive including the seats themselves, ducting (note these are a/c seats, not only ventilated), the switches and all associated electronics. It wouldn't be a cheap swap.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,484 Posts
my wife specifically said she didn't want leather on the truck seats because of how warm they get when sitting on them for long periods. she just picked one with heat available for the cloth seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my wife specifically said she didn't want leather on the truck seats because of how warm they get when sitting on them for long periods. she just picked one with heat available for the cloth seats.
Yea in Southern Louisiana it's hot most of the year. I wanted the other features the convenience package offered. Hoping I dont regret not getting the cooled but summer is near so I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,484 Posts
ours is kind of an odd ball set up. its got everything but leather, cooled seats, and sunroof. and i don't even know if you could get cooled seats in a 2017

i know about that summer coming. i am just west of you down almost to the bottom tip of texas. it really should have already been hot but this has been an odd year

·
Registered
294 Posts
So for what it's worth, when I bought my 17 in 17, I asked the same exact question. I told them I'd leave the truck before even taking it home if they could add cooled seats. They said sure. Then a few hours later they called and told me they can't because the cooled/vented trucks/seats come with more trim/duct work? under the floor mats (in that area) that actually direct the air into the seats. Basically it has to come from the factory because the whole truck is designed differently to allow the seats to get the air. They aren't independently cooled like some other vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
740 Posts
Yea in Southern Louisiana it's hot most of the year. I wanted the other features the convenience package offered. Hoping I dont regret not getting the cooled but summer is near so I guess I'll find out.
This may be the only alternative. Will definitely be worth a shot if it helps even a little bit. Best bet is to use your keyfob to lower the windows and/or remote start your vehicle with the A/C running. If the vehicle isn't hot as you get in, might help keep your keister cool.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,484 Posts
and tint the heck out of your windows. they have a special right now for 199 to tint here with life time warranty. you pick the % of tint, too. that's dang good for down here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts