Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the dealer looking to trade in my 2008 Titan for a 2021 Pro4X. Dealer tells me that there is a stop sale on them due to trans recall for not holding in park. They tell me that the trans are different between the two wheel and four wheel drive trucks. I really don’t believe this to be true as the transfer case should be the difference. Just looking for a little clarification on this issue if anyone has any. By the way, the new truck is a loaded 2021 Pro4X in Baja Storm.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
747 Posts
Yes there is an open recall without a solution for the trucks rolling when placed in park. Your 5speed transmission is completely different.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The question was not on my 08 Titan. It is the trans on the 2021 Titan. And there is a solution (some new part that they are saying is different between the trans in a two wheel dive compared to a four wheel drive trans).

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
747 Posts
The question was not on my 08 Titan. It is the trans on the 2021 Titan. And there is a solution (some new part that they are saying is different between the trans in a two wheel dive compared to a four wheel drive trans).
I apologize, I misread your intended question. As for there “being a fix” I question that as my brother is a master tech at Nissan and as of Friday he looked it up and there was no solution out for this yet. I JUST received my recall notice on Wednesday of last week and it stated FALL of 2022 for the fix to be released. If that is the case, then let’s start getting these suckers into the service bays!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I apologize, I misread your intended question. As for there “being a fix” I question that as my brother is a master tech at Nissan and as of Friday he looked it up and there was no solution out for this yet. I JUST received my recall notice on Wednesday of last week and it stated FALL of 2022 for the fix to be released. If that is the case, then let’s start getting these suckers into the service bays!
Solution is out.. Simplish fix…And maybe have your other brother do the fix😂😂

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I just need the dealer to get the part to fix it. That way I can trade my 08 LE in for the 21 Pro4X. My 08 was a New England truck (salt and winters suck) now down in Florida with no more winters for me. It will be nice to have a nice clean rust free truck again.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my Titan May 25, 2022, NEW, 247 miles. 2 days of ownership and it tried to back out of my driveway while I was holding brake with BOTH FEET, then next day it tried driving me thru a RED LIGHT, while I was holding both feet on brake.... Next day I took it back to dealer and told them I would not drive it until they FIXED it. Well time passed, dealer tried several fixes, no go,,, so they towed it 100 miles to larger dealer in TX, where it was evaluated with no result, so~~~Nissan flew in a technician from JAPAN to evaluate my 2021 Titan SV crew 4x4 (along with 5 other TiTans that supposedly had the same SURGING problem that mine had). He spent less than 1/2 day "evaluating" my truck and I suppose the other 5, and said the parking pawl defect was what was wrong with my truck (it wasn't) but later that day Nissan issued the recall for the parking pawl problem???? So, after buying the truck, having actual possession of it for approximately 5 days, and 2 "almost" accidents, $1,500.00 of accessories installed, 2 payments made, $500.00 increase in my insurance, As of 4 Aug, I'm still waiting for buy-back process to get COMPLETED!!!! OH & my truck is still at dealer 100 miles away....1st time in my life for buying a Nissan & the LAST!!!! Good Luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts