Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I miss the 5 speed and especially the dipstick.

I did a spill and fill on my 20’ and it was a lot more spill than fill.. Super messy and time consuming job… worse part was only 2.5qts drained out…..
No dipstick on the new Titans? Hate that. I get the same 4 quarts every time. Truck runs great and it’s paid for. I keep waiting for it to die but it’s still strong! Upreved, no cats, Would like a new one but all I read about is problems…

·
Registered
1 Posts
To all of us suffering with the transmission shifting issues on 2021 Titans:

We need to stick together and have substantial numbers to go up against Nissan if they continue to do nothing about our model year. Hopefully they will include '21 in the fix that the '20 trucks received, but until then - I am offering to build a registry of all of us having these issues.

If we can get enough people to participate, and assuming no fix for 2021 trucks has appeared, I will do the following:

1) I will approach Nissan directly with the list and request they extend the 2020 update to our trucks.

2) If that goes nowhere, I will approach an attorney who handles vehicle-related mass actions and see what the options are, as well as consumer advocates, the media etc.

3) I will also share the list with anyone here who requests it, as it may help when the dealer says the usual BS when you take the truck in - that they have never heard of this, no one is complaining of it, etc.

To all who are interested in participating, here is what to do:

Use the "Message" feature when hovering on my user name (above left) to contact me with at least your first name, whatever contact info you are comfortable with sending, and as much detail as you wish to share on the problems you are having. If you want to share a VIN, even better. I will organize the list as an Excel spreadsheet.

If you are hesitant to share info, I will be happy to talk to anyone who wants to know more about me, if needed. I have a modest online presence and can provide some links, info about me etc. to show this is on the up-and-up (although I don't see how there is any downside to sharing the kind of info needed here!)

Hopefully we can get some relief. I don't want to have to sell or trade in this truck, and make it my last Titan!
I just recently purchased a Pro4x 2021 showing same issues described, count me in, will contact you soon, Is very annoying experiencing that every time I have to drive.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I was at the dealer today to get a problem fixed on my '18 Pro4x. They had 2021 Pro4x on the lot and they let me take it for a spin while my truck was being worked on. It was used and had 3,000 miles on it. I didn't notice anything at all wrong with the transmission shifting. Was as smooth as butter. I did like the dash and infotainment screen update over my 2018. The infotainment screen is a 100% improvement over what I have.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was at the dealer today to get a problem fixed on my '18 Pro4x. They had 2021 Pro4x on the lot and they let me take it for a spin while my truck was being worked on. It was used and had 3,000 miles on it. I didn't notice anything at all wrong with the transmission shifting.
All of us must be making it up

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Keep your reports coming to my inbox, folks. At some point I am likely going to compile a certified letter to Nissan as a first salvo, listing all of us.

If anyone is especially savvy with social media, please let me know; I would like to explore options on getting there attention via that route as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Your certified letter will end up in the circular file.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Got it, man - you believe it's all a waste of time, just give up and accept what Nissan gave us, etc.

Since your position is clear, there is no need to post this stuff further - unless you are just trying to discourage folks for some other reason?

In short, please keep the negativity out of my thread.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Got it, man - you believe it's all a waste of time, just give up and accept what Nissan gave us, etc.

Since your position is clear, there is no need to post this stuff further - unless you are just trying to discourage folks for some other reason?

In short, please keep the negativity out of my thread.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone. Just being realistic. If you happen to get a letter in their hands it will be ignored and trashed. They have a chain process they follow to diagnose and fix issues and it isn't based on some random guy sending them a letter.

At best Nissan may see large warranty claims for this issue at their dealers and may or may not release a fix or it will be fixed in the next model year.

I would encourage you to visit the generation 1 Nissan Titan forum and read up on the front and rear axle problems and manifold problems. People did something similar to what you are doing including filing reports with NHTSA and BBB for these issues. Nissan never did anything as the 2015 models were still have rear axle and manifold problems.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm not trying to discourage anyone. Just being realistic. If you happen to get a letter in their hands it will be ignored and trashed. They have a chain process they follow to diagnose and fix issues and it isn't based on some random guy sending them a letter.

At best Nissan may see large warranty claims for this issue at their dealers and may or may not release a fix or it will be fixed in the next model year.

I would encourage you to visit the generation 1 Nissan Titan forum and read up on the front and rear axle problems and manifold problems. People did something similar to what you are doing including filing reports with NHTSA and BBB for these issues. Nissan never did anything as the 2015 models were still have rear axle and manifold problems.
Dude go away already and stop giving the OP a hard time. Quit bashing the guy for being proactive. You dont work for Nissan so stop speculating on whats going to happen. The guy asked you nicely to move along so buh bye.

·
Registered
2021 Pro4X
16 Posts
That would be very depressing if true. Do you have evidence of this?

Here is what I am going through with the truck at 700 miles:

I literally have to creep around like a little old lady when first driving the truck from cold, barely using the accelerator, and cringing as I await the inevitable first rough/weird/unnecessary shift(s).

Once it's warm, it's better somewhat from a standing start through say 20 mph. But, this is only in the sense that once warm, using more throttle than I would like usually makes it hold first and shift at a normal time into second. Normal, less-aggressive driving even when warm carries some risk of weird shifts at low speeds.

The abrupt, sometimes shocking downshifts when stopping never really go away. I just have to make sure I am well behind the car stopping in front of me, and hard on the brakes. This is because that abrupt last downshift is sometimes harsh enough to throw the truck forward a bit, which would be into their bumper if I was too close.

Man, I really want to love this truck. I hope a factory resolution arises. I shouldn't have to consider adding mods at 700 miles to fix a baked-in problem.

I may have missed it, did you receive the update Nissan has for the 9 speed? I was experiencing the rough shifting, received the update and it has been pretty smooth since.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I may have missed it, did you receive the update Nissan has for the 9 speed? I was experiencing the rough shifting, received the update and it has been pretty smooth since.
After much cajoling by me, a local dealer tried to apply the update to my '21. It only works on '20s. They said the system gives them the equivalent of a blank stare when they try.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
1) I will approach Nissan directly with the list and request they extend the 2020 update to our trucks.

2) If that goes nowhere, I will approach an attorney who handles vehicle-related mass actions and see what the options are, as well as consumer advocates, the media etc.
So how's this been working out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
To all of us suffering with the transmission shifting issues on 2021 Titans:

We need to stick together and have substantial numbers to go up against Nissan if they continue to do nothing about our model year. Hopefully they will include '21 in the fix that the '20 trucks received, but until then - I am offering to build a registry of all of us having these issues.

If we can get enough people to participate, and assuming no fix for 2021 trucks has appeared, I will do the following:

3) I will also share the list with anyone here who requests it, as it may help when the dealer says the usual BS when you take the truck in - that they have never heard of this, no one is complaining of it, etc.

To all who are interested in participating, here is what to do:

Use the "Message" feature when hovering on my user name (above left) to contact me with at least your first name, whatever contact info you are comfortable with sending, and as much detail as you wish to share on the problems you are having. If you want to share a VIN, even better. I will organize the list as an Excel spreadsheet.

If you are hesitant to share info, I will be happy to talk to anyone who wants to know more about me, if needed. I have a modest online presence and can provide some links, info about me etc. to show this is on the up-and-up (although I don't see how there is any downside to sharing the kind of info needed here!)

Hopefully we can get some relief. I don't want to have to sell or trade in this truck, and make it my last Titan!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 pro 4x 20000 miles have owned new for 13 mos.
Truck threw check engine, AT check and AT error while cruising at 60 last night going into limp mode. Dropped it off at the dealer and they just called to tell me the transmission is “toast”. Waiting for call back on how to get it fixed. Furious! Lightly driven, only towing is side by side to deer lease.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts