Nissan Titan Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
Unreliability has a bigger price in the long run. It ends up costing you more time and money than paying a little more up front for a vehicle brand that has a known history of being reliable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's my opinion of buying a new vehicle vs buying a demo or some other vehicle that is <2 years old. The only difference in both approaches is that you are under the impression that a certain maker will be 100% bulletproof, where I just like the idea of knowing a vehicle's complete history and not wondering if the previous owner beat on the car, or if they turned their vehicle in because they had issues with it.

I actually traded in a 2 year old Kia because the transmission went out after 50K miles. I had it replaced under warranty, and the first thing I did was traded that thing in. And yes, the Kia was a disappointment from a standpoint of quality, but it had more features for the money than any of its competitors. In the name of full disclosure, I was using the Kia for rideshare, and was driving the vehicle aggressively (as you say no one purposefully abuses their vehicle, but a lot of people unintentionally abuse their vehicle).

Would a Toyota have lasted longer? Possibly. Would I have had as much fun from a Toyota? Not likely if it was a comparably priced vehicle. For reference, this was a Kia Soul Turbo, which was arguably more fun than anything Toyota offered for the same price. If I was ok with driving vanilla, I'm sure the Toyota would've fit the bill, but I wanted something that was a little more fun, and since I was driving for rideshare, I needed something that had a low price entry. So back to what I stated a few posts earlier, if I wanted the blandness and vanilla appeal of a Toyota then I'm sure it would've lasted me longer as I wouldn't have found any joy in driving it around town and probably would've let it sit. If a 4-wheeled appliance works for you, so be it.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
While I did not at all suggest anyone intentionally abuses their vehicle, vehicles get abused, and yes, some do intentionally abuse their vehicles (yes, neglect is abuse, and being ignorant to how to properly maintain and operate a vehicle results in an end result of a vehicle being abused). It's absurd to suggest that vehicles don't get abused or neglected.

It's ok to admit you don't have a counterpoint to that. You're clearly unwilling to visit any perspective outside of your own. Cheers, bud.
That's just it. Nobody intentionally abuses or neglects their vehicle. The majority of consumers that will spend a large amount of money on a new or newer used car are going to keep up on all of the maintenance work. The people are that neglect and abuse their car are the outliers. Not the majority of car owners. Thus it makes your argument silly.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
That's just it. Nobody intentionally abuses or neglects their vehicle. The majority of consumers that will spend a large amount of money on a new or newer used car are going to keep up on all of the maintenance work. The people are that neglect and abuse their car are the outliers. Not the majority of car owners. Thus it makes your argument silly.
I consider anyone that doesn't use premium fuel to be abusive, but that's just me.....

·
Premium Member
73,105 Posts
I think my T would run great on horse piss.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
4,036 Posts
Speaking of tundras, I expected to see alot on my drive to Colorado since they are so popular. I saw one south of Lubbock as it was pulling out of a ranch driveway and another when we got to Colorado springs.

No others on this whole trip, very very surprising.

I saw about 9 titans, between XD, 1/2 ton s cind gens, and first gens.

Ford was the most of all the trucks I saw. Tons and tons of fords. Dodge was number two and Chevy was three

61 - 70 of 70 Posts