Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,317 Posts
Lol, I saw some Toyota people already gush over it, which only proves that looks are subjective. I personally don't really care for the look as it reminds me of the Chevy front end with all the vertical and horizontal mess going on. It's too busy, which isn't a good look on a truck. Then again, styles change and what was once ugly is not, so the new generation of truck buyers may like it. I don't see Toyota picking up any extra sales from outside their fan base on this one's appearance. If they dropped their V8, it's going to be an even more bitter pill to swallow.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, I saw some Toyota people already gush over it, which only proves that looks are subjective. I personally don't really care for the look as it reminds me of the Chevy front end with all the vertical and horizontal mess going on. It's too busy, which isn't a good look on a truck. Then again, styles change and what was once ugly is not, so the new generation of truck buyers may like it. I don't see Toyota picking up any extra sales from outside their fan base on this one's appearance. If they dropped their V8, it's going to be an even more bitter pill to swallow.
The reliability will officially be gone.. looks like a ttv6 and maybe a hybrid version…

Like the Ford ecoboost.. Runs great for 50k miles then starts to fall apart…

·
Registered
335 Posts
Reminds me a lot of a 4Runner. So it will sell to the ‘yota faithful and bring in a few new buyers with them just because it’s new.

I haven’t paid to much attention, but I don’t recall hearing about a v8, only the turbo v6. If there’s no v8, Toyota is leaving a lot of potential buyers out.

It’ll be interesting to see how it does. Even more interesting will be long term reliability vs the f150.

·
Registered
2009 King Titan SE Flex G10
115 Posts
I think the black A-pillars are a cool contrast..but all I see is an AT4. With the Lightning coming out I think more people will continue to shift to non-V8s and it’ll sell just fine..especially in Texas where they’ll be made..why couldn’t the Titan be made down the street from me instead..

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The sad part of this image release, is that this is most likely their "top of the line" trim. So it's only downhill from here for the lesser models. The front bumper looks like a nightmare to deal with for small fender benders. The grill just looks uninspired, and a little obnoxious. About the only thing that looks interesting is the built in light bar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably will look decent lifted or leveled with oversize tires. The V6 TT will be their downfall as that's a no-go for a lot of people I know. That said, the V6 is more aligned with the Tundra in terms of how heavy it can/should tow. Maybe Toyota will finally do something about their simply atrocious brakes.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
My youngest son just said the lights are cool but he thinks it looks like an f150.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
yes. he is at fort benning in training and i sent him the picture to see what he thought

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
232 Posts
I'll never un-see that abomination. Worked for Tesla and the Cyber Truck. Wait, has anyone actually taken delivery on one of those?

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
I'll never un-see that abomination. Worked for Tesla and the Cyber Truck. Wait, has anyone actually taken delivery on one of those?
The Tesla Cyber truck won’t come before next year, the time lines aren’t set yet. They are very busy with what they currently produce now. They definitely are still planned to come to market.

Clint

Reactions: wbflynn67

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
i bet it does sell fine, thinking about it. as noted already, the raptor is only a forced induction v6 and its selling like hotcakes. those things are all over here in south texas.

and that white truck does indeed say trd pro on the hood black trim so it is the top of the line model

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm waiting to see how they do the interior. There's a small teaser on their website, which doesn't give you too much information. I don't suspect that they'll do anything extremely drastic to outdo Ford or Dodge, as it doesn't make much sense to outdo them with the low volume that Toyota sells the Tundra.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. There were years when I didn't think much of most of Nissan styling (2000-2009), some are downright ugly (Maxima). Audi's huge maw is hideous. For a while, I thought Chevy pickups were the worst looking: the vertical quad headlight years. After 2017, Chevy was good looking again.

Find a picture of a green Nissan Cube, then look at a picture of a cicada. Coincidence?

Infiniti styling was bland until they changed to Q in 2014 (and I'm knocking my own car, I have a G37x). The Nissan Armada has always been better looking than it's upscale twin from Infiniti.

Ford truck styling has been the most consistent, there aren't many years that I don't like.

Toyota design has gone backwards and sideways. I always looked at the mid-teens 4Runner and thought that someone in their styling department was a fan of Ralph from the Mother Goose and Grimm comic strip:
cg5edde63bcc9ae.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts