Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
My whole place is solar powered! I just got tired from our inconsistent power grid. On a average week our clocks would be flashing two or three days weekly for no apparent reason. Then if there was a major storm the power was out for a week sometimes. So I nixed fuel oil heat which was close to a grand a year. Didn't want to pay for a propane back-up generator either. I bought three 100KW solar panels to put on my shooting houses for lights and heat. I think there's a lot of misconceptions out there. Of what works and doesn't! I've owned a Bad Boy Buggy for almost ten years now. It's all electric! It's silent and doesn't make me stink like gasoline so it doesn't spook game. One day the infrastructure will support these electric vehicles, but it won't stop me from running my muscle cars and hotrods. There's advantages and disadvantages for everything.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My whole place is solar powered! I just got tired from our inconsistent power grid. On a average week our clocks would be flashing two or three days weekly for no apparent reason. Then if there was a major storm the power was out for a week sometimes. So I nixed fuel oil heat which was close to a grand a year. Didn't want to pay for a propane back-up generator either. I bought three 100KW solar panels to put on my shooting houses for lights and heat. I think there's a lot of misconceptions out there. Of what works and doesn't! I've owned a Bad Boy Buggy for almost ten years now. It's all electric! It's silent and doesn't make me stink like gasoline so it doesn't spook game. One day the infrastructure will support these electric vehicles, but it won't stop me from running my muscle cars and hotrods. There's advantages and disadvantages for everything.
I would really consider getting rid of my SS for one now. Performance is performance, and the low center of gravity and instant torque is insane. Add 0-60 times in the sub 2-second range, and damn. About the only thing that I would hate is not having that visceral growl of a high performance V8. I actually get a kick out of driving my SS past a dog and seeing its head hang low as my exhaust grumbles some low octave engineering goodness. I actually hate that many performance car companies now fake engine sounds out of the stereo. It reminds me of when manufacturers decided to put an engine cover on their vehicles to hide the hardware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ugh!!! Arguing with someone that uses the "it sounds like a 90's Honda Accord with a Walmart muffler" argument is like arguing with a potato. Its 2021 bud not 1970...
Arguing with someone that calls anyone that disagrees with them a potato is like arguing with a... well, you get it...

yeah, it's 2021, sure, I still don't like the way the Ecoboost sounds. There is nothing wrong with loving the sound of a big V8. I'm not a potato just because I don't get a stiffy at the sound of a forced induction 2.7L.

Would you rather a hybrid prius motor in a '69 charger, or a big blown V8 sticking through the hood? I prefer the V8, some people actually take pride in what they drive you know, it's not always about what is the most current trend.

There is a reason that Ford does not use forced induction small displacement engines in any of their Superduty trucks. Hell, they just came out with a 7.3L V8 as their flag ship engine. The V8 is still the best for longevity and heavy duty applications. If you want to drive an aluminum lightweight pickup to the grocery store, sure, get the boosted V6. For actual real truck use there is no replacement for a V8.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Longevity and super duty applications? Sorry dude, but when I replaced my 1998 F-350 diesel with 568,000 miles. No 1/2 ton V8 truck was even in consideration twenty three years later. Not once have I seen Titan's or Toyota's in industrialized fleet construction service settings. No V8 has the Torque of a diesel motor! My 2021 F-250 Powerstroke Superduty has a payload capacity of 9700+# and can tow 15+ tons. So I highly doubt the 7.3 V8 of Ford is their flagship of heavy duty trucks.

At very best a V8 is a high performance motor today. Having Horsepower and torque pretty close to one another. I to like V8's, but I'd rather have the old school platforms of yesteryear. Rather than these new computerized high compression variants. Nissan and Ford found out that a diesel in a half ton truck is as worthless as tits on a bull. That's why their discontinuing these versions!

The 1/2 ton truck is a popular vehicle! Their all pretty much the same in function and general purpose. It all boils down to what you like, want, can afford and get the best deal on. Personally, I prefer to drive a truck than a car or SUV. This time I bought a Nissan Titan, but maybe next time I'll get a 2.7 Ecoboost. I know a guy who got over 500+ HP out of his 2.7. Over 600HP with the custom tune! What's funny is its a sleeper and still gets twenty some miles to a gallon.

Nissan never made V8's for the general public. Not until the Armada and Titan! Their two performance cars are V6. It would make perfect sense for them to cling to their roots. Instead of being gimmicky! But, hey what the hell do I know everyone is different. If owning a V8 gives you a stiffy a diesel will probably get you sticky.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nissan never made V8's for the general public. Not until the Armada and Titan! Their two performance cars are V6. It would make perfect sense for them to cling to their roots. Instead of being gimmicky! But, hey what the hell do I know everyone is different. If owning a V8 gives you a stiffy a diesel will probably get you sticky.
1989 Infiniti Q45. 4.5 liter V8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Longevity and super duty applications? Sorry dude, but when I replaced my 1998 F-350 diesel with 568,000 miles. No 1/2 ton V8 truck was even in consideration twenty three years later. Not once have I seen Titan's or Toyota's in industrialized fleet construction service settings. No V8 has the Torque of a diesel motor! My 2021 F-250 Powerstroke Superduty has a payload capacity of 9700+# and can tow 15+ tons. So I highly doubt the 7.3 V8 of Ford is their flagship of heavy duty trucks.
...Their two performance cars are V6. It would make perfect sense for them to cling to their roots. Instead of being gimmicky!...
We are comparing gas v6 to gas v8. Diesel is obviously on a different planet than any gas engine and we are not talking about that. When I said Flagship I meant of the gas engines since that's all we are discussing here.

You stated that Nissan's roots are with V6 engines and yet they still choose a V8 for their trucks. That kinda proves my point right there doesn't it?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts