Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
If i had to do all over again, I would still buy the Titan XD. Those problems you hear are comparatively not huge. Also dont forget that people that have problems are more likely to write here than people who dont have any problems - the forum exists so that people share their problems :) Just test drive it and if you like it - why not. Hopefully it will serve you well. I had diesel XD and now gasser XD. No regrets.

If i had a choice i would have bought from a local dealer, test drive the specific truck and choose the color I want. But with the scarcity of trucks, many people buying from far away.

PS the tundra was strongly considered by me. But 21 model was VERY outdated, had little payload on the Limited i wanted, and the deal breaker was absence of transmission cooler. The 22 model is new and there WERE more unknowns.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I really like the Titan and that's why it's become my #1 choice; Features, looks, engine reliability etc..
But when you read about these issues, you get scared, LOL!!
I just want a good reliable truck!
I'll do what you said about test driving. On Saturday I'm gonna be testing the Titan and a few other models as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dropped the truck off to a different dealership last Tuesday, I’ll be calling them today to see if there is any updates. Funny thing is, they said they might have to charge me $300+ for diagnostic fees lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
you have a warranty?
Yeah, the truck is under warranty about 3000 miles on it by now.
They called me today, saying they changed couple of gaskets on the exhaust.
But, they said they don’t see anything wrong with the transmission.
I told them I’ll be there tomorrow and I can take their tech on a drive to show him what I mean about the hard downshift from 2nd into 1st around 14 to 15mph range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got the truck back, and the 2nd., dealership said it’s normal for the downshift, and that it can be caused by driving and road conditions.

My response was, if it’s normal then it would do it all of the time and not 3 out of 5 times. Also, it does it on the smoothest roads, and I’m not accelerating I’m coming to a stop. As you saw when I took you for a test ride.
Their reply was, again, Nissan Corp., will tell you the same thing, that it’s normal.

So, now I’m very disappointed because I know it’s not normal. What would be the next step, take it to a different dealership or contact a lawyer? Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a new member and potential New 21' Titan buyer. These problems are scaring me into buying one of these trucks. I'm glad I came into this forum. I really thought that the Titan was the "Anti big 3" in terms of quality & durability. I'm seeing that it's not!
If i had to buy a vehicle based on what folks complain about on forums, i will never buy a vehicle at all.. and that goes for any brand ! I can guarantee that for every person on a forum having an issue, there are many many more not having an issue at all....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts