Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been said before but is everyone else getting that low amount of miles to the tank i know i know its a truck and if i wanted good mileage should have bought a car but my moms 09 gets close to 400 to tank, is there something im missing? when i fill up i put about 20gal in

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention im 05 with BT stock tires, also if i park on an incline i lose almost a quarter of a tank and dont get it back

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Im an 05 with no BT, on 33's and 6" lift, and i get 250-300 miles a tank, just gotta be easy on the throttle, it literally is the only thing you can do to get more out of our trucks :ftard:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is being easy on the throttle were talking doing 60 on the interstate and being a grandpa leaving lights

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am a gran-pa and I used to get 280-320 per tank when she was new with stock 17"'s Now with my new wheels and tires plus the 2* timing advance she gets around 220 city. Less if there is a Hemi next to me...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just didnt know if there stuff i could change, i just did plugs probably 3k ago, looking at getting a cai anyone had experience with the 80$ on ebay?

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
I usually get around 270 -280 a tank and usually put in 22 ish

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Premium Member
20,597 Posts
I get 300 in mixed city/highway driving. Straight highway driving is 18 to 22 MPG depending on the time of year, where I buy gas and MPH.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Depending on your driving habits, that could be right. I got a crappy tank from some no name place and got about 220 out of the tank. Stay away from cheap gas..lots of crap in there that can effect mileage. Stick with Shell or Chevron. Have you ever had your fuel system serviced? Maybe a seafoam treatment with a can of BG44k or Amsoil fuel system treatment might help.

I get about 300 out of a tank. I don't know how true this is, but I was told that never let your tank get below 1/4 because the fuel pump is in the tank and any sloshing can make the pump run hot. Just sayin...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I get around 260 usually and I have 37's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gas light comes on at around 260-280 in my 05 4x4 w/ BT on stock 17" wheels (all-terrain LTs - not mud treads). I don't keep the truck strictly under 2k RPM, but I'm by no means heavy-footed. That equates to about 13MPG during the week (mostly suburban stop & go). The best I've gotten on the highway is around 16MPG which is pretty horrible. I would love to know how to get the 14-15 city & 18-20 highway that I keep seeing posted in here. I seriously can't imagine all those people that get that kind of mileage keep it below 2k RPM all the time. I've tried that and it's nearly impossible when you're watching the 15 year old rattling Honda pull away from you at the lights :p Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Gas light comes on at around 260-280 in my 05 4x4 w/ BT on stock 17" wheels (all-terrain LTs - not mud treads). I don't keep the truck strictly under 2k RPM, but I'm by no means heavy-footed. That equates to about 13MPG during the week (mostly suburban stop & go). The best I've gotten on the highway is around 16MPG which is pretty horrible. I would love to know how to get the 14-15 city & 18-20 highway that I keep seeing posted in here. I seriously can't imagine all those people that get that kind of mileage keep it below 2k RPM all the time. I've tried that and it's nearly impossible when you're watching the 15 year old rattling Honda pull away from you at the lights :p Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
I keep mine right at 2k or maybe a little above on most days.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have never used any cleaners never heard anything good if there is good ones which ones? the only thing i have done is changed the air filter and spark plugs and regular oil changes every 3k miles

·
Premium Member
76,971 Posts
220 miles on 20gals...something isn't right. You should be getting about another 80-100 miles on that much gasoline. A stock Titan should average 13-14mpg in-town if it isn't being treated like a bastard. Those with lifts, bigger tires/wheels, and heavy accessories will, naturally, have lower mpgs regardless of driving style.

·
Registered
745 Posts
try a whole bottle of sea foam in the next fill up, thats the hands down best product on the market out there. Runs about $8 per can but it will pay it self in just a few tanks of gas.

Also the reason everyone is getting worse gas mileage these days is because of the ethanol in the gas now. I have actually done the test myself and filled up on a %100 87 octane unleaded fuel. When I do that I get 16-16.5 MPG, if I get some of the "Contains 10% ethanol or more" fuel, my MPG instantly drops to 13-14. And that is driving the exact same route and samestyle of just cruising, not hot rodding.

Ethanol in fuel is terrible for your fuel system anyways, it eats away the fuel filter and clogs up the injectors faster which all leads to piss poor gas mileage.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Damn, this thread has made me feel good! just got 400 miles on a tank from vegas to SD.. but i did get 10mpg in my 06 4x4 BT.. which is about 200 MPT..

·
Registered
428 Posts
i fill up at 300 miles, my gauge reads 1/4 tank left and I put in about 18 gallons

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You have to factor in he's only putting in 20 gallons.

The tank is around 26-27.

When I fill up I put in about 26 gallons and can get about 260-270 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts