Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some 22's for my truck. i bought a 4x4 for a reason and dont want it to look slammed or lowered. im planning on putting a leveling kit soon. i dont think ill have the money for a lift anytime soon. i also plan on buying a pair of 17in either off road or xe's for off roading. but i want to also know the biggest size i could fit and in maybe all terain or all season tire for the 22's. the 17's im going mud.:lookaroun. does any one have a pic of 22's with a leveling kit?

·
Registered
315 Posts
It will be kind of tough to find an a/t tire for a 22" that will fit stock height. Usually you have to step up to a 35" tire for an a/t tire for 22". I think you might be able to get away with a pirelli atr in a 305/40-22? I'm not sure if that's the correct size or not. Last time I checked they were on sale from tire rack too.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just curious why you don't just save money for the lift kit and buy one set of wheels and tires? A lift kit costs the same or more than buying another set of tires and wheels.

·
Banned
230 Posts
I'm thinking you should definitely save up for a lift kit. That way you can go with 35" tires... I've got BFG ATs on 22's. They're awesome. Then you could go 35" BFG MT KM2s on the 17s. That'd be sick.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here's my ride. I'm running a leveling kit with 305/45/22.. And tell u what spend you're money tha way u want to. every 1 told me to raise it and put 37's but till this day I'm happy with my choice and i still turn heads and can give ppl a good run for there $$$ if they wanna line it up.. good luck on your choice..

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
billaj said:
Just curious why you don't just save money for the lift kit and buy one set of wheels and tires? A lift kit costs the same or more than buying another set of tires and wheels.
because i dont want ot just have the seventeens and i can get those ones for real cheap. i can get a set of 22's for like 1500 with tires here they may be used though. i want to lift it but if i did i would still want 22's then that get real expensive. but that is in the future plans so wheels now then lift and new bigger tires later .

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TitanTailGator said:
I'm thinking you should definitely save up for a lift kit. That way you can go with 35" tires... I've got BFG ATs on 22's. They're awesome. Then you could go 35" BFG MT KM2s on the 17s. That'd be sick.
if they made the cheap 4in spindle cst lift for the 4x4 i would but an extra at least 1800 for lift and the tires for them will be real expensive.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scarface805 said:
Here's my ride. I'm running a leveling kit with 305/45/22.. And tell u what spend you're money tha way u want to. every 1 told me to raise it and put 37's but till this day I'm happy with my choice and i still turn heads and can give ppl a good run for there $$$ if they wanna line it up.. good luck on your choice..
i love the way your truck sits is it 4x4?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did you check out the pirelli atr's in the link above?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i like those a loy i just saw the nitto were a little bigger. the perilli's are still pretty expensive but they aer my second and most realistic choice

·
Registered
691 Posts
i think 22" for a off-road Truck is way too much

but that is just me

i am curious to see the pics
the reason i say that is if you do much bouncing around it mat hit too easily, with just a leveling kit
and if you get short tires they will not ubsorb enough of the shock of bouncing around, those tires (and wheel size) are for streets

i am gonna go 18" (my current wheel) and get BF Goodrich or Toyo
with A/T's or Mud Tarrain
and i thought that was high

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the 22's will be for the streets. i will either keep my 18's and put some 35muds or even get rid of them and get some xe steelies with some 35in muds just for off roading. its; to hot in phoenix to have even all terrains all year long the summer will eat them up so if i could have some all season and just put on the others when i go off road whichis only about five times a year. but i need my 4x4 when ever i go back to new mexico. also i will never buy a 2wheel drive truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.