Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was thinking of putting some 24" wheels with some 305/40/24 tires. My question is will it affect my odometer or does it just affect my speedometer? Also is there a fix for the speedometer? Does it effect my warranty? I called the dealer I bought it from and the guy said it shouldn't. Never know though, was wondering if anyone has had a problem with it. Thanks for your time....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
hardknoxs said:
Hello I was thinking of putting some 24" wheels with some 305/40/24 tires. My question is will it affect my odometer or does it just affect my speedometer? Also is there a fix for the speedometer? Does it effect my warranty? I called the dealer I bought it from and the guy said it shouldn't. Never know though, was wondering if anyone has had a problem with it. Thanks for your time....

i have 24s on my expedition and did not effect anything but the ride . the tires were almost the same heighth as factory
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Just an FYI,
You would proably get more replies on this subject if you asked it in the wheel and tire section.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
Odometer will stay the same but you will lose some gas mileage and throw a lot more stress on your breaks because of the weight of the rim. Ride will stiffen as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
Odometer will stay the same but you will lose some gas mileage and throw a lot more stress on your breaks because of the weight of the rim. Ride will stiffen as well.
yes brakes do not last anytime with 24 and you can not stop neatly quick. I diod not realize how different it was untill my wife just bout a limited expedition with factory 20s after driveing it i jumped in our expedition with 24s and almost did not stop at a red light. lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
24's will definatley slow your truck down as they require more power to turn the wheels. Anybody that has raced can vouch for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
your comparing a ford to a titan? I think you can get banned for that. be careful. :)

it's not as bad as tech would lead to believe. I have 24's on the T. yes it takes a bit more distance but you get used to it.

whether or not you go with 24's i would recommend upgrading the brakes even if only the rotors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
I agree. James should be banned for driving a FORD.

I never noticed much when I put 22's on my last Titan. When I put the stock wheels back on is when I could tell the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
t22a80 said:
Just an FYI,
You would proably get more replies on this subject if you asked it in the wheel and tire section.

Sorry I am new and not familiar with this site. Thanks for everyones input I really appreciate it. U guys are GREAT!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SoBeGraphics said:
your comparing a ford to a titan? I think you can get banned for that. be careful. :)

it's not as bad as tech would lead to believe. I have 24's on the T. yes it takes a bit more distance but you get used to it.

whether or not you go with 24's i would recommend upgrading the brakes even if only the rotors.

What would you suggest bigger rotors or Just aftermarket rotors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
hardknoxs said:
Sorry I am new and not familiar with this site. Thanks for everyones input I really appreciate it. U guys are GREAT!!!!!
No problem man, just trying to help you out.

If you can swing it go with the Stillen Big Brake kit! $$$$$ The factory Titan brakes have never been that great. For 08 they are getting another upgrade though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
you can only swap to better - same size - aftermarket rotors unless you go with a complete kit like the stillen big brake kit. the stillen kit runs about 1300.00
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top