Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going snowboarding the day after christmas and i am taking the titan.. was wondering if the 24's and the snow are not a good idea. damaging them or just plain drive ability? i have always put the stock wheels and tires on for the snow before but im kinda lazy and dont really want to do all that work! ha ha

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roy365 said:
Put the stock ones on if you are not certain of conditions. It can happen too fast and too easy in snow. One lil whatever and you can curb your rims/wheels. My advice is keep the pimpin real when you get back.

yea thanks for the advice. every time I go up the mountain and go through all the work of swithcing wheels there is never any snow on the ground! I am going to big bear CA and have never been there so I dont know if there is gonna be crazy snow on the roads or what..

·
Registered
250 Posts
yeah deff... put the stocks on no reason to risk damagingthe 24's and im not just concerned for the the wheels to have 24's on that thing it is prob a pretty small tire and you could have a reck if they come loose in bad weather so for you your truck and the wheels dont be lazy be safe change them out

·
Premium Member
75,859 Posts
i definitely feel you on the lazy, but like stated above i'd rather be safe then sorry... those are some nice looking wheels!! my buddy had 22's on his old truck and would take them off every winter for the stockers... i'm in the northeast though, more salt and foul weather.. during the summer he'd wash them everyday to keep em clean.

i used to take a spare set of wheels with me for my atv when riding.. then i stopped cuz i never needed them, we just went and i blew a tire halfway through the trip... wish i packed my spares...

you know you'll be damned if you do and damned if ya don't!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts