Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
^^^ That's what I want to know... I'm at work, so I can't view YT.com videos, but is that a direct bolt on alt?

Are there any ill side effects to installing a HO Alt in your vehicle (e.g, loss of power)?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They run around $550 with the adjustable voltage regulator on there. Doing some testing now with the 14V batteries charging in the 16V range with this alt and the adjustable voltage regulator.

Not problems at all putting a HO alt on your vehicle. The alternator is only going to put out what the application is pulling. You dont have to worry about the high amperage alts, but when you start increasing the charge voltage you have to be careful. One reason why I am testing it here just to see how high we can go. The higher the voltage the more power the amp can produce and the more efficient it will work.

Just need to make sure your amps will take the 16+V charge.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so I dropped in the S1400 14V battery and have been running everything on 16.2V from the alternator. Only thing that doesn't like the high voltage is the brake and battery lights on the dash. The elevated voltage messes with the sensors and makes them blink, but if you drop the voltage to 16V everything works fine.

The amp loves the higher voltage and it is easy to tell an audible difference in the 2V jump in power. Windows are faster, lights are brighter, and the transmission even seems to shift a little smoother. Just thought I would post up the results for you all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only thing that is not OEM is the power wire from the alternator to the battery and then of course the power wife from the battery to the amps. The negative is still OEM and everything is OEM. The alternator comes with an adjustable regulator to bump the voltage up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts