Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 4x4 SE Crew Cab. Im looking at running the 295 70 18 Nitto Terra with the PRG 1.5 leveling kit.

Willl this work? With out having to do the pench weld Mod.

If anyone else is running this and has pics please post them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also i should add that im looking at running them with XD Monsters with an 18mm offset

Will these have a negative effect.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a 2008 4x4 SE Crew Cab. Im looking at running the 295 70 18 Nitto Terra with the PRG 1.5 leveling kit.

Willl this work? With out having to do the pench weld Mod.

If anyone else is running this and has pics please post them.
I am very curious on this as well, as i am looking at new Moto Metal wheels 18x9 and the 295/70/18 terra's and do not want to do the pinch weld mod.

Any info would be great on if these will rub?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had to do the PWM and I am running 285/60/18's Your tire is a larger diameter and a bit wider tread so I thinking yes you will have to do the PWM. Simple process really.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
In gerenal you can only run 33's without any modification on our Titan's. A leveling kit doesn't matter. The tire you are looking at is 34.5" so you are going to have some degree of modification. You will have to remove or cut the mudflap and depending on how far the new rims stick out you might have to do the PWM. I have read someone on this forum was able to run those tires on stock rims and didn't have to do the PWM.

·
Registered
173 Posts
In gerenal you can only run 33's without any modification on our Titan's. A leveling kit doesn't matter. The tire you are looking at is 34.5" so you are going to have some degree of modification. You will have to remove or cut the mudflap and depending on how far the new rims stick out you might have to do the PWM. I have read someone on this forum was able to run those tires on stock rims and didn't have to do the PWM.
What do you think about the 285/75/18 Nitto's whats the chance of rubbing with these on a 18x9 moto wheel with +18mm backspace?

Or will the 295/70/18 work with these moto metal wheels with just removing the mudflap?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
only toyo comes in the 285/75/18, but I dont think either tire will fit unless u do the PWM and reshape the fender liner. and with a new wheel like the motos ur gonna need at least a 6" lift to fit those without rubbing

·
Registered
173 Posts
only toyo comes in the 285/75/18, but I dont think either tire will fit unless u do the PWM and reshape the fender liner. and with a new wheel like the motos ur gonna need at least a 6" lift to fit those without rubbing
Te moto has a a +18mm offset, so I'll still need a lift to fit it? Even with a 17x8?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I dont know about the 17x8, but the 18x9 will need a lift for it; if the 17x8 is the same size as the stock OR wheels and has the same bs then it will be a little better to fit underneath but u will still need to cut

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered the 295 70 18 terra's today and they should be on the truck by thurs or friday.

At first they will be on the truck with out the front leveling kit since i ordered them both today and the tires will be in sooner. Im sure it will rub a little with out the kit.

But hopefully i can help resolve alot of 2008 4x4 rubbing questions.

will put pics up and let every one know.

Reactions: Grizz7122

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright they got 3 of my tires in waiting on the 4th coming from utah :ftard:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well called today and they guranteed they be in tomorrow.

But for now here she is stock before having anything done

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Can't wait to see it. This might be the thread that makes up my mind...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As long as Big O's holds up there end of the deal the pics will be up tomorrow

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I dont know about the 17x8, but the 18x9 will need a lift for it; if the 17x8 is the same size as the stock OR wheels and has the same bs then it will be a little better to fit underneath but u will still need to cut
Stock OR rims are 17x7.5 with +30mm offset, which comes out to be 5.4" backspacing.

The 17x8 with +18mm offset have 5.25" backspacing, so their inside edge is 1/4" out, and their outside edge is 3/4" out compared to the stock OR rim, since they are 1/2" wider. The LT285/75R17 are 34's and the LT285/75R18 are 35's and either will rub on an 8" width rim with +18mm offset and just a leveling kit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

View attachment 117827

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg [/ATTACH]Alright guys the new shoes are on and we have RUBBING :) . But not bad at all, actually got the tires on yesterday but had to take them out to the mountain today and i love them for there price compared to others.

Still do not have the leveling kit in but i will be sure to update again once i get that on. i would say that anoth 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch and there would e no rub.

·
Registered
968 Posts
guys...the mod is no big deal...i did it just to make extra room incase...took 10 min and will hurt nothing! no one will even know...just you! i have 295-70-18 terra grapplers and they did rub before the mod...stock lift.now i dont even run a leveler kit...rides great no rub

·
Registered
390 Posts
PICS ARE tiny... Any chance you can make them a little bigger? Thanks though, very helpful.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts