Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am a webmaster for a university and I have been looking for someone near me who can do the 2 degree timing advance. The forum provides a lot of names but they seemed to be out of date and scattered so I spent a couple hours and developed this site to keep track of people who can do the timing advance and people who want it done but no one is nearby. I may not have worked out all of the bugs yet so bear with me. It is secure but don't use the username and passwords that you would use for credit cards, etc. I hope this is of help.

http://www.2degreeadvance.com

And also I am looking for someone who would like to provide more detailed information for the front page.

Curtis Shirley

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
From the web page, the con would be that the advance generally requires the use of higher octane fuel.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'm in the SW Chicago burbs (Orland Park) and can do the advance/idle air vol. I'm charging $25 for the service.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Do they need to also reset the ECU after it is completed? If so you might want to put how to do that on your site as well.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
great idea man. I put my info in!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
From the web page, the con would be that the advance generally requires the use of higher octane fuel.
This is not the case. I and many others have been running it with 87 octane fuel with no reprecussions, no knock, nothing. It's not an Uprev Tune.... :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I will add your comments/suggestions on the Octane. Remember if you can do it, at it to the list. I plan to set it up so that when someone makes a request and is located in a city where no one is located to do the mod, then when someone does list that they are modding in that city, then the requesters will get an email notifying them.

Curtis

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Nice idea!!! :D Curtis, I can't post URL's here yet so I sent you a PM with a link in it. If it's helpful, I can send you more.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I have the advance and use 87 octane with no problems as well.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I agree with MuskyHunter. I experimented with different octanes while running the advance, and in my case, 89 octane provided the best overall performance.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I have had the advance for over six months, and it performs with 87, 89, 92, 93. So, say what you will, true road testing is the answer, and it works on all octane levels. Hope this helps.
More info, mine is an 06' and those with the newer VVT may need to run a higher octane, but I don't see why.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I updated the site so that it does not show emails. It has a contact form that sends the emails to avoid anyone getting spammed. I will get a revised front page with more information up soon thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Curtis

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
2 degree advance? What is it? Can I get one without voiding my warranty? Just kidding, good idea and a nice site, thanks man.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Do you have to reset the ECU when you get it done?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Fly boy said:
Do you have to reset the ECU when you get it done?

No........

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
bbomar said:
I have had the advance for over six months, and it performs with 87, 89, 92, 93. So, say what you will, true road testing is the answer, and it works on all octane levels. .....
Ditto here. I run 87 with No Probs. One thing I've noticed is that the results are inconsistant like everything else on these rigs.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
nice site and thanks for taking time to do it.

bump..........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts