Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the non-navigation head unit in my 2018 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SV 4x4 And the stupid thing would not let me connect to Bluetooth about every other time that I got in the truck. Sometimes it worked flawlessly, sometimes it would take 5-10 minutes of driving before it connected, and sometimes it wouldn't connect at all. It was doing this with two phones both of which were Samsung one was an S8 and the other was an S9. At first I suspected the phone was the problem because I just had an operating system update on the S9, but that ended up not being the case. I unpaired the truck from my phone, deleted the phone from the truck, and deleted the truck from the phone, then I reset all of the network settings on the phone and paired everything all over again and it seemed like that fixed it but after two or three more start and stop cycles in my truck, it just started doing the same thing all over again. Long story short, I found a video on YouTube for a 2013 Nissan Altima having the same problems and the guy showed how to get into the factory diagnostic screen on the non-nav head unit. I tried it and it worked! I had to reset it twice to get it to clear everything out but I'm on day two now and my truck connects to my phone with no hesitation and no issue whatsoever. So without further ado, here is the procedure for entering this menu and performing a factory reset on your head unit.

!!**This will delete EVERYTHING you have set on your radio. ENTER THIS SCREEN AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOBODY BUT YOU IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT IF YOU BREAK YOUR RADIO/CAMERA SYSTEM**!!

1. Push Start Stop Button so the radio boots up. Radio must have power but be turned OFF in order for this to work.

2. Hold down the number 1 (RPT) button and keep holding it then rotate the volume dial COUNTER-clockwise 10-15 times until you see the silver/gray menu.

3. Turn the TUNE-SCROLL knob to get to the "Confirmation / Adjustment" menu item. Push Enter button on TUNE knob.

4. Scroll all the way down to "Initialize Settings" and push Enter again.

5. A confirmation message will pop up "The memory of a system is eliminated. Are you sure?" Scroll to Yes and push Enter. Radio will reset and reboot.

You must turn on the radio at least once before you can get back into this menu.

And I took pictures!

Happy Factory Resetting guys and gals!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue. Been to the dealership twice without resolving the issue. I did the reset you listed but the next morning, same issue! So annoying.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did it the 2nd time like you stated and it has been working for the last 3 days! Hopefully that is the trick!
I have a copy of the factory repair manual and found out that all you have to do is open the menu and back out and it will connect. Truck power on, radio off, hold down the 1 on the presets and rotate the volume knob in either direction 10-15 times. Menu opens. Press Back button on right side of the radio. Bluetooth should connect.

I played with the settings a bit and I think the ultimate culprit is the phonebook download option in the Bluetooth settings. When I turned it off, it connected every time. Glad it worked for you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts