1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
one word SWEET ready to buy one

·
Super Moderator
159,578 Posts
Nissan may also add a heavy-duty pickup as part of its upcoming light commercial vehicle lineup.

That's almost as interesting as the fact that they're committed to the Titan's continued manufacture.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I am hoping the new design will be introduced at the dealers, Sept 2010 as the new 2011 Titan. I think they are holding back information. Equipment was said to be in Mexico prior to the breakdown of the Chrysler deal. Hopefully, it is all being put in place in TN now and actual design work all done. New Engine should be the 400HP VD56DE from the Infinity line, with a 6 Speed Automatic.

Realistic dreams, at least in my mind!

·
Super Moderator
159,578 Posts
Makes you wonder if there might not be an HD version of the Titan running that QX engine, in addition to the possibility of a diesel from the LCV line.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
That is good news. I would like to see the current engine be the base and a larger displacement/diesel option. Toyota bumped up the 4.6l V8 to over 300hp and we know what the larger tundra motor can do. Ghosn if your reading: diesel option, 6 speed auto, real LSD even if its the same as the chevy/eaton E80.

·
Super Moderator
159,578 Posts
Damn, I'm relieved to hear it will carry on. Now I REALLY wanna see what it'll look like. Trim levels. Engine/drivetrain options.

·
Super Moderator
159,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Yay for the Titan. A 6spd tied to a more powerful V8 and having a smaller diesel option for the 1/2 ton trucks and having a heavy duty version would be great

·
Registered
265 Posts
Seeing that the contract for Dodge and Cummins is voided since the bankruptsy, I would tend to think it may go the way of Nissan. Cummins has openly said they are shopping the 1/2 ton diesel engine around to others. If Nissan was smart, they'd beat everyone else to market with a 1/2 ton diesel!! 2010's aren't selling, re-tool for 2011 now!!

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I still have a couple years to pay off my truck, but have already been looking around at other vehicles for my next ride. Honestly, if Nissan could come ot with a higher Hp motor that was still as fun to drive as the 1st Gen, my "looking around" would end, and I would be all about a new Titan, as long as the radiators were good and they had a good LSD. I wouldn't mind a beefier trans either, as a matter of fact, I would probably say that is a necessity too

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
hip hip hooray!

·
Registered
91 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSS! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
About this Discussion
113 Replies
44 Participants
xxxxxxxxxPAtitan56
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing