Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, if swapping gears on a 2wd Titan, can you get cruise control to work??? I have read tons of random post about flashing the ECU, swapping ECU's to a Bigtow ECU, etc, but no real answer to if it will work or not???

I called uprev and they said they have no way as of now, but they did say i could leave the truck and they can see what they can do??? not sure about experimenting, but if thats my last choice, ill give them a try since im in TX.

I have a 2010 CC with 2.94 gears, I'm looking at two options:

Option 1. Dana60 AZ diff swap with 3.54 gears (close enough to BT 3.357 gears) that if reflash is available?? yes or now? Then cruise should still work since its only a 6% difference in gearing??? yes or no?

Related threads on AZ diff option:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-engine-transmission-drivetrain/120146-arizona-differential-whole-enchilada.html
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/119894-lsd-08-a.html

Option 2. Swap to a 3.357 2004-07 axle with 32 spine and install truetrac and swap then install bigtow ECU?

I want the axle more than i want cruise, but if it can be done, i would like to retain it! I'm looking more toward OPTION 1 as I want robust and like the idea of the 3.54 over the 3.357 for that we bit more.

WHO HAS ACTUALLY DONE IT AND SAVED CRUISE CONTROL AND HOW?:confused:

Thanks,
-J

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
let's break this down a little...

First, it's not worth the trouble/money to do a gear swap other then to factory 3.336 if you are only going to 3.54's...

Either go to the BT gears or at least 3.73's...

Swapping to the BT gears is easy, just get a rear end & ECU out of another Titan...I agree there have been plenty of stories about ECU flashing but all were "somebody else"...no first person accounts...

The Dana 60 swap won't get your C/Control back either...

If UpRev is willing to try and crack the code, I think that's great!.....And I would pay to be able to get my CC back, so let us know what happens...

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
Actually, that's not true. Nascarjody reflashed his ECU with the map from my truck when he switched gears to the BT ratio on his old Titan and it worked. It's not all just hearsay. :)

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
Mind you, it was the entire map, not just cracking the code. His non-BT map was replaced on his ECU with my BT map.

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
I've PM'd Jody to come respond to this thread himself, so you'll finally have that first person tell you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
let's break this down a little...

First, it's not worth the trouble/money to do a gear swap other then to factory 3.336 if you are only going to 3.54's...

Either go to the BT gears or at least 3.73's...

Swapping to the BT gears is easy, just get a rear end & ECU out of another Titan...I agree there have been plenty of stories about ECU flashing but all were "somebody else"...no first person accounts...

The Dana 60 swap won't get your C/Control back either...

If UpRev is willing to try and crack the code, I think that's great!.....And I would pay to be able to get my CC back, so let us know what happens...
Ya I know what you mean, I bought my truck with the intentions of towing my car to events and daily driving, I dont plan to lift or do anything else with it at all, other than traveling across texas to visit family, etc..

Here is my truck and my towing:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/2258780-post31.html

So hence my option 1 and 2 choices......I see what your saying on the 3.54 gear selection not being worthy, but I simply was trying to find a % percent difference that can probably still retain Cruise and I really really don't need to go to 3.73 or anything higher anyways...

I do like option 1 as getting a Dana60 is just awesome...and from what i can tell, the price point i was quoted by AZ diff for 1550 for the 3.54 gear set up over buying a BT axle and trutrac (~1000) isnt too too much of a difference to make me go either way...

So far, calling every junk yard out there, i cant seem to find a 3.36 axle for cheap enough to have a total install price of $1000, Im getting really high price quotes on the axle..... so AZ diff is looking to be a "buy it and install it" option thats easier...

Actually, that's not true. Nascarjody reflashed his ECU with the map from my truck when he switched gears to the BT ratio on his old Titan and it worked. It's not all just hearsay. :)
I read your postings on that and was hope'n you guys would chime in on this? how exactly was this done?!!!!?!?!?!?! you guys went to uprev correct?? :confused:

Mind you, it was the entire map, not just cracking the code. His non-BT map was replaced on his ECU with my BT map.
i see, both trucks present? connected to each other and a lap top or how?

I've PM'd Jody to come respond to this thread himself, so you'll finally have that first person tell you.
thanks..awesome....

-J

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
Uprev copied my map, emailed it to RBsTitan who then put it on Jody's truck from his laptop. I haven't any idea if Uprev would do this for others or not. RBsTitan has been dealing with Jared and the guys over there for years, so it might have been done as a favor to him.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
It is true I did do this on my 06. First you will have to get the part # of the identical truck as yours with big tow. Then check with uprev to see if they have that part # in there data base. If they do then they can take that part# and flash it to your ecm. If not then you will have to find someone that is willing to go by uprev & let them down load the ecm to there data base. I dont know how much they will charge to do this because it was an experiment on my truck to see if it would work. Good luck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ I see...awesome..

so far, then:

1. uprev and bigtow flash

or
2. purchase a big tow ecu and swap

Seem to be the only two options??

-J

·
Registered
23 Posts
:bump:
I know this is a little old , but what would need to be done if you got an ECM that had Big Tow ? I'm in this situation now, thats why I ask.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts