Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... first i want to start by thanking all of the poster in here that have made me spend about 100 hours on this site during the past week with more info on what to do with my truck that my head is thouroughly spinning.

My Titan is a 2006 2wd stock crew cab. XE tow package 17 rims. Had her since day 1.

I had a blow out last week, and need new tires... All i know is I want large agressive stance...

I Dont want to waste $$$ just getting one stock one for now. But since my taxes arent done i dont have the 2k that i need to do a complete lift.

When changing the tire i realized i have a bad strut, and i have been thinking that therancho quick lift will solve my strut issue. Will billstiens also do this? After looking at the info i feel i can make the swap on the quick lift, so saving the money on the install will allow me to get some better tires.

Im also toying with the idea of turning her into a pre runner. If so is there steps that i can start with now, If so should i just stay stock on the struts and work on the pre runner tires with a lift?

·
Registered
14,144 Posts
Prerunners DO NOT equal lift. Look at the prerunner guys. the fronts are higher up cause the coilovers/ long travel they run. the back ends are at about stock. btw they also run 35 inch tires or even 37's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thats what i originally thought, just got confused reading a prerunner thread that was talking about a lift kit and a travel kit. I need a break.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
For a 2wd off road use truck, a lift spindle is the way to go...I know it cost much more then a quick lift spacer but it's still the most bang for the buck....and then the shock choice is up to your budget, and how you plan on using the truck...

·
Registered
98 Posts
would you say spindle over the upper arm and extended travel coilover.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
would you say spindle over the upper arm and extended travel coilover.
That's a good question...The answer is "Depends"...The extended travel kit is great because you can get about 2" of lift (after about 2", the ride gets stiffer as you ad more spring pre-load)and of course a hi-quality suspension set-up..

Running the spindles gives you more lift then you can get otherwise and adds ground clearance under the arms...For pure lift, the spindles still deliver more for the buck...

FYI - I've always thought of both the spindles and the extended travel kit as needed together, but I also budgeted for both....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts