Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post here on Titan talk even though I've been a member for awhile. I have a 2006 Titan se 4x4 with a 6" lift and 35's and 2.94 gears. I want to install the bigtow gears(3.36). I found one front diff assy. @ the wreckers with low km's and a rear with the axles missing and a possible bent housing. My question is can I put the ring pinion from the 3.36 in my 2.94 housing without any problems? Also I know I have to get the ecu flashed to accept the new gears from reading the other threads, but can my dealer do it or is Uprev my only option. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got a trutrac in the fall and its been great. Just need lower gears now to deal with the 35's. When I call my local dealer what ecu flash specifically I'm I asking for , the big tow with all the options my SE has? Would they use the consult to flash it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if the crush washer on the on the pinion shaft is a replaceable part from Nissan. The parts guys from my local dealer can't find it? Can I reuse it?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Yes, Ask for the Big Tow reflash. No, The pinion bearing Crush Sleeve is not reusable, it must be replaced. Nissan should offer the part, try calling another dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to one dealer today, they said they could not reflash my ecu. The next dealer I called said that he could do it but wasn't sure if it would work. The flash program that he had for my truck were update programs that were for 04 and 05 with big tow cruise and VDC. My only problem is that I don't have VDC so he's not sure if it will work on my truck. He said the flash could work, not work and go back to stock or possibly wreck the Ecu. Any ideas? Oh and the second dealer I phoned was able to find the crush washer I needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a identification number on the front + rear diff's to tell wich gear ratio they have or is counting the teeth after disassembly the only way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pm'd "RB" and he was very helpful but he used UpRev to correct his ECU problem and I'm just not there yet. I would like my dealer to do it if possible rather than spend the $700 on UpRev.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
dcracing2 said:
I pm'd "RB" and he was very helpful but he used UpRev to correct his ECU problem and I'm just not there yet. I would like my dealer to do it if possible rather than spend the $700 on UpRev.
By the time the stealership is done with you, UpRev might have been the cheaper option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my gears installed today! It seems to definetly have more get up and go and everything seems to work fine. I tried my cruise today ( in town) and it seemed to work fine as does the shifting. Could it be that my 35" tires are compensating somehow. Maybe from 2.94 to 3.36 + 35"tires= no flashing lights?

·
Registered
68 Posts
jason27 said:
So the 3.36 gears should be great for my truck? It's a fairly stock 04 2wd with 35" BFG's

I'm wondering the same thing.

dcracing2 - if you don't mind me asking, how much did your dealer charge you..?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts