Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,
i was wondering if there is any thing i can modify in rear differential to increase the speed and to be HD. is there any? my Mada is RWD
also don't know if these r any good? or dose it fit 2009 Armada basically?? cuz i couldn't find any for Mada's!!
OEM Nissan Titan Rear Ring / Crown and pinion Gears. M226, 3.36 Ratio. 24-Spline Pinion
https://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissa...9k8m1riv4226k0
im wondering if any of you guys did something like this.

appreciate your help bros.

thanks...

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Not sure what you mean. To increase the speed, just press harder on the accelerator pedal. Gears won't help that, other than to make it quicker off the line (with lower gears) at the expense of top speed and mpg.

As to whether the gears for the Titan will fit the Armada, I don't know.

Ultimately, be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish and perhaps some folks can help you find a solution.

Reactions: 2009blackbeast

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
you have a different rear end then titans. You have IRS, titans are a solid axle with leaf springs. As far as the actual gears, what he said ^^^

Also, its tough to make IRS heavy duty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what you mean. To increase the speed, just press harder on the accelerator pedal. Gears won't help that, other than to make it quicker off the line (with lower gears) at the expense of top speed and mpg.

As to whether the gears for the Titan will fit the Armada, I don't know.

Ultimately, be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish and perhaps some folks can help you find a solution.
meaning that cuz they have different ratios they might effect the speed somehow.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Well, different ratios will affect speed at a given RPM. But you'll go slower at, say, 2000rpm with 3.36 gears than you would with 2.94 gears, as the higher number gear ratio means more turns of the driveshaft (input) to get one turn of the axle shaft (output). If you're looking for better mpg, you won't find it with "lower" (higher numerically) gears. If you're looking for more top speed, you won't find it with lower gears. A bit more quickness from takeoff and better pulling power on the low end can be had with lower gears.

It doesn't appear that the two diffs are the same, however, and the gears are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have a different rear end then titans. You have IRS, titans are a solid axle with leaf springs. As far as the actual gears, what he said ^^^

Also, its tough to make IRS heavy duty.
all that i know for sure. but is the differential it self different and not compatible for Titans and Armada? i mean the internal pinion gears and rings?
is that what you say?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
As I said above, it does not appear, based on everything I can find on the two diffs, the R&P are not interchangeable. The Titan uses an M226 diff, where the Armada is an R230. The R230 is the same diff as in the V8 Pathfinder, and the M226 is also used in the Xterra and Frontier. Now, that said, the variants in each of those vehicles might also preclude total interchangeability of parts, but I didn't dig that deep.

As I asked earlier, what are you trying to accomplish? If you want your truck to go faster, gears are not the cheapest, easiest way to do that.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I think you need to realize that its an armada with IRS. you can't treat it like a truck because its not set up to be a truck. Sell it, and buy a truck?

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
The r230 is used in armada and v8 pathfinder as well as a variant in the 300zx TT.

You might be able to swap in a 300zx TT LSD and use 3.36 gears. Might have to do a lil modification but a rear end shop could do it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would call jeff at cajun bpipes and get headers, catless b pipes, uprev tune, and even the cajun catback. Then bolt on an airaid air intake and maybe throw in an IAT resistor chip. If that isn't enough call peakspeedshop and get a ported 90mm throttle body and intake manifold. It will be good for a little more speed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will gentlemen that's a lot of good infos.
thanks and i'll see what am up to and informe you.
i was about to install my aftermarket parts this month but the alternator brakedown and i have to change it two days ago so my mony almost gone lol
maybe next salary. still im ordering some cooling systems to Radiator & external trans cooling..

thank you brothers..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
honestly i have no idea what to do with the Diff!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts