Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, when I leave our 2020 SL, it horns beeps 3 times quick, and then does it again.

Anyone else have this happening? What is it and how can I stop it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not me. I wonder what it is?
I get an alert on my screen about back door or maybe packages on the back seat. It gives me the option to disregard or disable. None of those options seem to work.
It can be unpleasant to pull up to a friends house or a food pickup and immediately beep your horn 6 times. Can't find it in the owners manual.
Seems to happen whether I lock the doors or not.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts

Apparently it's a feature that is telling you that you have something in the backseat. Take out what's back there and THEN see what it does. It's a safety feature so you don't leave a child in a sweltering car. I wonder if there's a way to disable it. I'm guessing not, given as sometimes in our society, we're all punished for the actions of others.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normal government issue fix. Instead of punishing the problem, punish the mass and hope it fixes the problem
Wow! So happy you found this. Now I know what's going on.
You do get a message to stop it one time, or disable. I have pushed the buttons aimlessly. I give it more focus and see what works.
Thank you.(y)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Normal government issue fix. Instead of punishing the problem, punish the mass and hope it fixes the problem
Given that I haven't seen this feature in other vehicles, I'm not so sure that it's a government mandate YET*. Having said that, I know that Pelaton was pressured by the government about their treadmills. Apparently, having "this is not a toy" and, "not intended for children" hasn't stopped idiot parents from letting their kids play on them. When I was a kid, I got smacked for playing with things that were not toys.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Given that I haven't seen this feature in other vehicles, I'm not so sure that it's a government mandate YET*. Having said that, I know that Pelaton was pressured by the government about their treadmills. Apparently, having "this is not a toy" and, "not intended for children" hasn't stopped idiot parents from letting their kids play on them. When I was a kid, I got smacked for playing with things that were not toys.
Just tested. Opening either back door triggers this alert. If you open the door first, then start, it still comes on.
Easy to disregard but don't know if the disable function you see on the alert works.
I'm assuming once you disregard, the horn won't beep. If I find that is not true, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
all this stuff is just reinforcing my thoughts to keep this 2017 instead of getting a newer one in a year or two. there is just so much electronic stuff now.

how thick is you guys owner manual? i wonder if its gotten thicker from the 2017/18 model's manual

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
41 Posts
I have this feature, but it doesn't beep my horn, i just get the beeps inside, like the type of the old "keys in the ignition" warning. But not my horn beeping at all

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all this stuff is just reinforcing my thoughts to keep this 2017 instead of getting a newer one in a year or two. there is just so much electronic stuff now.

how thick is you guys owner manual? i wonder if its gotten thicker from the 2017/18 model's manual
A beast...3/4" thick. They do not do sequential pages. Got to be above 500.
I don't use the paper version, when possible, but download the PDF so I can search it. Saves massive time.
Yes, there is way more electronic stuff then our 2014 Pro4x...but a far better experience.
I'm pretty addicted to Intelligent Cruise Control and all the parking warning and images of where you are in the parking space. Getting old I guess.
Their site has many, many instructive videos. I thought I understood most but could not find the 3 beep thing for the live of me. One more time Titan Talk came through for me.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have this feature, but it doesn't beep my horn, i just get the beeps inside, like the type of the old "keys in the ignition" warning. But not my horn beeping at all
Do you see the warning on the screen directly in front of you?

·
Registered
947 Posts

I actually just turned off my Automatic collision avoidance today. I like that I can turn it off for the front or the back or both, but I just turned off both. When I was parking my truck in the garage, I'd have to hug right up to the back wall within about 2 inches, and that sensor thought it was too close for comfort, so it would jam on the brakes and give me whiplash. I'll take my chances and save my back. If I collide with something, then I'm willing to deal with the consequences over having the truck give me whiplash.

And I have to admit, someone sent me this video and I started wondering, "what if my truck stops for someone that's trying to truck-jack me?"

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts
That was awesome. And yes, I’ve thought about similar situations....

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts

It’s like a dictionary or the Manhattan yellow pages, 😉 haha.
Just turn off all the crap as it makes you less aware driver as you put too much faith in the gadgets. Last winter I tried backing up in the snow and the truck hit the brakes and wouldn’t let me go in reverse. There was nobody but a few snowflakes, what if I absolutely needed reverse?
Just one more government intrusion in our lives.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Yes, when I leave our 2020 SL, it horns beeps 3 times quick, and then does it again.

Anyone else have this happening? What is it and how can I stop it?

Thanks
Usually it's child reminder you can deactivate it in the menu in the gauge cluster using the controls on the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts