Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one I would like to know if I get a 3 inch lift kit well I be able to fit 35s or do I need a bigger lift and I would also like to get measurement of a 3 inch lift with 35

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Hello every one I would like to know if I get a 3 inch lift kit well I be able to fit 35s or do I need a bigger lift and I would also like to get measurement of a 3 inch lift with 35
With 3" of lift and stock (or stock offset) rims, you'll need to remove mud flaps and do some pinch weld cutting.

By some, I mean a lot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
im also curious whats the biggest tire i can fit with 3" front 1.5" block rear. if i get -12mm offset 20x9 i don't want to have to do PWC

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
im also curious whats the biggest tire i can fit with 3" front 1.5" block rear. if i get -12mm offset 20x9 i don't want to have to do PWC
With that aggressive of an offset, it'll have to be a stock-ish sized tire. That's what you get if you don't want to cut.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
I have already taking off the running boards and mud flaps and what does pinch weld mean
Google it. That is a google question, and you'll be sawing or grinding yours a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 titan and nitto 35s on stock rims, 6 inch lift. Cannot go off set on rims. It will scrub, well not turn. Had to remove the mud flaps. I think that a 3 inch would still accommodate the 35s. I want to try b/c I hate the driveshaft shaking between 1700-1900 rpms. Any idea if the 3 inch will work or ideas to remove the shaking? I hate it all and I spent $3000 for lift and tires.

·
Registered
655 Posts
It will work but you will have to do the pinch weld mod.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
what abouting adding a 2" leveling kit on top of the 3" lift kit? would 35x12.5x18 fit? would those tires fit on stock wheels without any problems? Mainly going to be used for offroading. So i'll be airing down quite a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 12.5 is where I could see some issue. I have stock rims b/c if it was any wider the tire would not fit in 'recess' in the fender well. The is just enough room to allow the 35's to turn.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
what abouting adding a 2" leveling kit on top of the 3" lift kit? would 35x12.5x18 fit? would those tires fit on stock wheels without any problems? Mainly going to be used for offroading. So i'll be airing down quite a bit.
1. Don't stack spacers, that's just asking for problems.
2. Don't lift more than 3" without doing a bracket lift (if 4WD), or you'll stress your CV axles too much. Torn boots, premature failure, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info. By saying the tires wont fit "recess" in the fender is the tires will be poking outside the fenders?

So far from what I have read around the forums, 35 tires can fit on a 3" lift with PWM.

But it depends on the tires sizes from what i've read. from the list of tire sizes below I think this is what would require the pwm plus a 3" lift.

295/70/18 (no pwm) these are actually 34
285/75/18 (pwm)
305/70/18 (pwm)
35x12.5x18 (pwm)
(315/70/18) (pwm?)

All these tires are for the stock wheels accept for the 35x12.5 might need to go wider wheels. Personally myself i'll be using my truck for offroading so airing down and also climbing over rocks and such.

Has anyone had any issue with these tire sizes while offroading such as tire rubs or any other problems?

forgot to mention I have a 2010 pro4x with a high clearance steel front bumper

·
Registered
655 Posts
Without an actual lift you are still going to rub at full articulation or close to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2011 titan and nitto 35s on stock rims, 6 inch lift. Cannot go off set on rims. It will scrub, well not turn. Had to remove the mud flaps. I think that a 3 inch would still accommodate the 35s. I want to try b/c I hate the driveshaft shaking between 1700-1900 rpms. Any idea if the 3 inch will work or ideas to remove the shaking? I hate it all and I spent $3000 for lift and tires.
Forgive me, but why is the drive shaft shaking? Do you have a busted mount? Drive shaft spacer? Seems like an odd problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts