Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a 3" leveling spacer kit and instantly am getting a knock when hitting a decent bump and seems like the ride is rougher. ive made sure everything is tight and noticed that the upper A arm is pulled down pretty far and is close to the top of the spindle. i found this other 3" lift Nissan Titan Suspension Lift Kit and it comes with the arms also. does anyone know how to fix, if possible, without buying new arms. anyone have the same problem? any recommends and info would be appreciated. Thanks

05 2wd titan, 3" spacers, nitto tera grapplers 325/70/18

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
3" is WAY too much!

4x2 gets the 2.5"...

4x4 gets the 2"...

You not only need the right spacer, you need bigger bump stops, and the clunk is most likely your upper control arm hitting the coil bucket......

Yes... you WILL need new UCA's if you even hope to clear the coilbucket.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i just installed a 3" leveling spacer kit and instantly am getting a knock when hitting a decent bump and seems like the ride is rougher. ive made sure everything is tight and noticed that the upper A arm is pulled down pretty far and is close to the top of the spindle. i found this other 3" lift Nissan Titan Suspension Lift Kit and it comes with the arms also. does anyone know how to fix, if possible, without buying new arms. anyone have the same problem? any recommends and info would be appreciated. Thanks

05 2wd titan, 3" spacers, nitto tera grapplers 325/70/18

Trash those 3" spacers you got, purchase some PRG 2.5" spacers and you'll be good. I'd also stay away from that 3" kit you posted a link to, those UCA's don't look to be too strong.........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks, to all, for the info. ive heard some people grinding down the spot that it hits on the coil bucket. i checked today and see exactly where it hits. however the ride feels a bit rougher from what i can tell hitting small bumps when its not hitting the coil bucket. (if that makes any sense) does the 3" change the factory ride, where as the 2.5" would not. i also had to do some cutting to fit those tires. it looks good the way it is, ill get a pic up as soon as i can.
thanks.

also i checked out that link from top gun, thanks, would you guys sell just the UCA's seperatly??

·
Registered
536 Posts
thanks, to all, for the info. ive heard some people grinding down the spot that it hits on the coil bucket. i checked today and see exactly where it hits. however the ride feels a bit rougher from what i can tell hitting small bumps when its not hitting the coil bucket. (if that makes any sense) does the 3" change the factory ride, where as the 2.5" would not. i also had to do some cutting to fit those tires. it looks good the way it is, ill get a pic up as soon as i can.
thanks.

also i checked out that link from top gun, thanks, would you guys sell just the UCA's seperatly??
The spacer should not have changed the ride at all it should be the same as stock with 3" and the 2.5", its most likely the uca hitting causing the ride to feel rough or also if you put different tires on after the lift that can make a difference as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts