Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found an ad in a magazine for a 3" Rough Country lift for the Titan. I was wondering if anyone has ever used this kit, and if so, is it worth the $150? Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think I'd buy any lift that started with the name "Rough" =)

·
Registered
562 Posts
don't buy it...too large of a spacer for the front

go with the leveling kit from PRG 2" (4x4) or 2.5" (2WD) spacer up front and 1" block or 1.5" block in the rear...won't be as high but a lot more reliable than the RC kit

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Since we are on the subject of Rough Country. I've seen several of their lifts installed on Jeeps and older Chevy Pickups with leaf springs f/r. Have never been very impressed with the quality of their products.

What are other's thoughts on Rough Country?

I almost bought a 2003 Chevy ext Cab with a 3" RC lift on it that was sitting at the Nissan Dealer when I got my Titan. Certainly glad that I made the right choice on that one!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So could I still fit 33" tires with the PRG? I like a mildly lifted look, and wouldn't ever go much over 33 because I like the acceleration and better mileage when you need it.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
dirtyd,

you can run 33s stock, (if you like the stink-bug look). But IMO leveled looks and feels so much better. Feels tall ... but doesn't change the ride any though.
The off-road pkg. comes with 33s, an All season passenger BFG Rugged Trail, P285/70/17, which btw wore out at 23K miles, then on mine I ran stock, and am still running the aftermarket BFG AT KO LT285/70/17.

Remember 2" or less level kits for a 4x4 and a 2.5" or less for a 2wd. PRG is the way I would go. Never get the kind like Daystar that adds pre-load/compresses the spring, (blows out the stock shock sooner than normal).

Btw leveled, you can go a little taller/wider if you stay with stock rims. Some have run 34.5s without having to do the pinch weld mod. I think my next tires will be the Toyo MT LT295/70/17 which are 33.5".

DeadRiver said:
i dunno man, i've read in other threads that if you go 3" you'll kick yourself for not going to the 6" lift... not that i can be achieved for 150, but though i'd just throw that out there.
I wouldn't run a 6" lift on my truck anymore than I'd run anything above a 17" rim, even if you were willing to pay the entire cost ... well unless I could take it off and sell it for a profit. :upsidedow Performance is what some of us are after. I concede that a 6" can probably go through deeper streams but maybe not over bigger logs, but probably less body damage over logs and boulders.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
FYI....There was a time when Rough Country was the premier shock company, along with lift kits...
I think they were bought out quite a while ago...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, the PRG sounds good then. I just have to wait to get the truck back with the depreciated value check and I will be good to go. I am a fan of the Toyo tires, so I am guessing the 295 or 34.5?, could be ran with the 4" PRG front and the 1.5" rear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts