Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed my 3" Rough Country lift which looks great! Now I'm looking to upgrade tires, wondering what I can fit without having to do the pinch weld. Anyone with this lift run either the 305/70r18 or 295/70r18 without having to do the PWM? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Pretty sure you can run the 295s without any cutting, as I know folks running them on 2" without. Not sure on the 305s as most of those are going to run 35.1" tall, according to manufacturer's specs. You could consider a 12.5x35, as many of those run from 34.5-34.8" height by manufacturer's specs. But I suspect anything wider than the 295s is going to have the potential for needing clearancing at the pinch weld. All Titans are unique in this respect, so you might get lucky. Or you might not. You could estimate the spacing if you are going to use the same rims you have on the truck now, with a ruler and some cardboard to simulate the new tire dimensions, and get a very close idea, but even that's not 100% exact. I'll be watching as I'm about to lift my T and am considering which tires to go with. I'll probably do 295s this round, and see how much clearance I have with those for the next set of tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure you can run the 295s without any cutting, as I know folks running them on 2" without. Not sure on the 305s as most of those are going to run 35.1" tall, according to manufacturer's specs. You could consider a 12.5x35, as many of those run from 34.5-34.8" height by manufacturer's specs. But I suspect anything wider than the 295s is going to have the potential for needing clearancing at the pinch weld. All Titans are unique in this respect, so you might get lucky. Or you might not. You could estimate the spacing if you are going to use the same rims you have on the truck now, with a ruler and some cardboard to simulate the new tire dimensions, and get a very close idea, but even that's not 100% exact. I'll be watching as I'm about to lift my T and am considering which tires to go with. I'll probably do 295s this round, and see how much clearance I have with those for the next set of tires.
Thanks for the info! I was originally planning to go with some 305/65r18 but would like to fill out the wheel well as much as I can without having to do the PWM. Leaning towards the 295/70r18 at this point as they're almost .75" taller than the 305/65r18.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts