Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.
Im pretty new to the site and had some questions that I hope you'll help me out with. Im looking at putting on the 3" RC leveling kit on my truck and wanted to know if I should be replacing my shocks at the same time. I know ppl always recommend the bilstein 5100 or the HD's, but which one is more suttable for this kit. I have an 04 4x4 w/ 73,000 on it. I was also thinking about putting some rough country rear blocks with new shackles as well. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
93 Posts
as for the shocks you dont have to but if they are stock then i would for sure replace them, if they are not but need replacing then do so as for a block in the rear you wont need it unless you like the rake look then youll neeed it. the lift actually provides 2.5inches of lift not 3 like is stated on the packaging or website....if you can afford it then get some SAWs or Radflo's for the front end from PRG instead alot better if not then its a personal preference if you want to lift it more or not but you pretty much about maxed out from my understanding unless you get aftermarket coil overs for it and willing to do some grinding of the coil bucket....personally after purchasing it and having installed on my truck for a few months now i wish i would have listened to otehrs and got the prg UCA instaed.... the ball joint on these from what i understand need to be changed out to be very reliable and well thats like 35$. still cheaper..for sure get the new rear shackles no matter what thats my next order from greg at PRG.... you dont want them going through your bed it sucks and scary im sure when it happens...... good luck and sorry so sparatic early in the morning answer lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I was able to decipher most of the information LOL. Im not planning on keeping the truck for too many years so I dont think I'll spend the money on coilovers on the 04. Maybe when move up to a newer T. Do I dont want the rake again so your prob right and just sticking with the front end. I go camping and fishing alot so I tow boats, trailers, put quad and sleds in the back so I thought maybe a block would help when having a load. What is wrong with the UCA that comes w/ the RC kit, I havnt seen anything negative about it yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it worth spending the extra on the RC leveling kit or just buy the PRG leveling kit and put the extra money saved toward some new shocks? What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
What is wrong with the UCA that comes w/ the RC kit, I havnt seen anything negative about it yet.
"Wrong" depends on what you are comparing it with. I think the RC has a greasable ball joint and perhaps also replaceable bushings, and is tubular so you don't get coil bucket contact, all of which compares favorably with OEM UCAs. In absolute terms, it doesn't stack up well vs the higher end arms such as PRG.

RC UCAs = ball joint + bushings = approx $120

PRG UCA = uniball + heims = $600

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. How about putting the PRG 2" front 1" rear leveling kit in w/ the 5100's set at 0. Do you think that would level the truck out, or would there still be a little bit of a rake.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
My '04 takes 3" to totally level it. But I think the BT overload leaf adds about 1/2" more to the rear than the non BT overload leafs. The 5100's on the 0 setting add 1/2" of preload lift, so with 2" leveling kit you'd probably be level with 2.5" total for a non BT '04 4x4, or slight rake if you have the BT. For more rake you could get the 1.5" PRG leveling kit, and reduce your chance of stock UCA to coil bucket contact, or if you wanted more lift, use the 1.5" and the middle 5100 setting for about 3" total.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats the BT overload lift?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks. I guess now I'll just have to decide between the RC and the PRG leveling kit than place the order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts