Nissan Titan Forum banner

3000 Miles in a 08 CC LE 4wd LB

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  HudsonValleyTitan 
#1 ·
I just wanted to give my quick impressions after 3k miles (purchased in oct 08) in my 2008 CC LWB LE 4wd Titan.

This truck has lived a very busy life! I dirt bike, alot, and with this truck it's been such a blast! What sold me on this truck was the commercial (see nissan, advertising works!) with a KTM in the bed of this truck. My strong attraction was 4 full doors and a long bed in a 1/2 ton pickup. This truck has not disappointed.

I've also towed a fully loaded (8k pounds or so) travel trailer without any problems, well except gas mileage! Gas mileage while towing was about 7 or 8 95% highway, very low, much lower than expected.

Gas mileage has been decent. I'm average 13 mpg, 50% city, 50% highway. I get between 14 and 16 on the freeway. This is what i expected and I am ok with it.

The interior of this car and the drive are top notch. It's quiet, it's comfortable, it's the perfect family car for us. The sound system is also great for a stock system and the car's bluetooth feature and memory seats are AWESOME!

The long bed and the utili-trak system is also very useful, it's so nice to have that big bed back there to carry everything from junk to motorcycles.

My only gripes:

The turning radius is awful, dreadful even. My previous truck was a 98 GMC Sierra, and it's turning radius was bad, but the titan's is much worse, i'm sure there is a reason for this, but i dont know it. Parking this thing can be a huge PITA. Probably my biggest gripe.

Other gripe would be the paint doesn't seem to be very tough. I have many scratches already and i'm very careful with the car. Doesn't seem to live up to the toughness of the rest of the truck.

I hope this is useful to some of you considering the truck, or just wanting to hear other owners experiences :)

-Leo

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll second the gripe on the turning radius and parking. In most parking lots, if you don't have an empty space next to you, it's a real challenge to get it in or out of the parking space.

#4 ·
Exocet said:
I'll second the gripe on the turning radius and parking. In most parking lots, if you don't have an empty space next to you, it's a real challenge to get it in or out of the parking space.
it sure is, i just park at the back of the lot where i have plenty of room to swing in when i can.

#5 ·
if all goes well, I'll be the proud owner of a 2008 Smoke CC SE LWB, by the end of this month.....and after read the origional post....I cant wait :cool:

#6 ·
Yes the LWB only makes things worse.. i can't park one where i need to go. I already take 2 parking spaces to park and on the exit of the lot, i have literally .5" of clearance on either side of the curb. It has made me a better driver but seriously.. not fun. not fun making a 3point uturn either.

Otherwise i so wanted to trade for the 4 door lwb

#7 ·
I have the same truck but in the SE trim. I was sold on the Titan for the same reasons as you. I also ride dirtbikes & I like that you can close the tailgate with 2 bikes in the bed and comfortably seat 4 passengers.

It is a long truck, and I always find it easier to back in when the aisle isn't wide enough to swing out. The reverse sensors & spot mirrors make backing in 10x easier. If you pull in front first and 2 long vehicles park next to you, you're very likely to be stuck if the aisle is narrow.

#8 ·
I've gotten very good at backing into spots with my CC LWB. It's a task to park this sucker in a lot with smaller aisles if you don't back in. The worst is the parking lots that don't really have aisles, like the ones in little strip malls that just wrap all over the place. What can you expect from such a long vehicle though?
Otherwise, I love mine too. The long bed and crew cab is what sold me on it.

#9 ·
Backing in is definitely the way to go. Also, thank god for the back up sensors otherwise I would have backed in to pretty much everything by now. Once the dash kit comes out and I can get a DNX7100 and camera installed, life should be a little easier.

#12 ·
cleoent said:
I just wanted to give my quick impressions after 3k miles (purchased in oct 08) in my 2008 CC LWB LE 4wd Titan.

This truck has lived a very busy life! I dirt bike, alot, and with this truck it's been such a blast! What sold me on this truck was the commercial (see nissan, advertising works!) with a KTM in the bed of this truck. My strong attraction was 4 full doors and a long bed in a 1/2 ton pickup. This truck has not disappointed.

I've also towed a fully loaded (8k pounds or so) travel trailer without any problems, well except gas mileage! Gas mileage while towing was about 7 or 8 95% highway, very low, much lower than expected.

Gas mileage has been decent. I'm average 13 mpg, 50% city, 50% highway. I get between 14 and 16 on the freeway. This is what i expected and I am ok with it.

The interior of this car and the drive are top notch. It's quiet, it's comfortable, it's the perfect family car for us. The sound system is also great for a stock system and the car's bluetooth feature and memory seats are AWESOME!

The long bed and the utili-trak system is also very useful, it's so nice to have that big bed back there to carry everything from junk to motorcycles.

My only gripes:

The turning radius is awful, dreadful even. My previous truck was a 98 GMC Sierra, and it's turning radius was bad, but the titan's is much worse, i'm sure there is a reason for this, but i dont know it. Parking this thing can be a huge PITA. Probably my biggest gripe.

Other gripe would be the paint doesn't seem to be very tough. I have many scratches already and i'm very careful with the car. Doesn't seem to live up to the toughness of the rest of the truck.

I hope this is useful to some of you considering the truck, or just wanting to hear other owners experiences :)

-Leo
What I want to know is where you bought your Flux Capacitor? I have not been able to find one in Illinois yet.

Nice write up on the 08 however. I was wondering how the long bed was compared to the original.

#13 ·
Turning Circle for 2007 Crew Cab pickups (low to high):

Tundra: 44'
F-150: 45.1'
Titan: 45.4'
Ram: 47'
Silverado: 47.2'

2008 Titan CC LWB: 50.8'

As you can see, the Titan's turning radius when compared to the competition is actually pretty good. It's middle of the pack, but actually much better than the bottom two. The LWB has no real equivalent with the other manufacturers, so it'd somewhat unfair to criticize it. I'd say it's pretty damn good considering.

Just for compairson, a 2008 Chevrolet CC LWB 2500 has a turning circle of 55.1 ft, much worse than the Titan (although the Chevy is a bit longer.)

#14 ·
Sammy Sandbag said:
Turning Circle for 2007 Crew Cab pickups (low to high):

Tundra: 44'
F-150: 45.1'
Titan: 45.4'
Ram: 47'
Silverado: 47.2'

2008 Titan CC LWB: 50.8'

As you can see, the Titan's turning radius when compared to the competition is actually pretty good. It's middle of the pack, but actually much better than the bottom two. The LWB has no real equivalent with the other manufacturers, so it'd somewhat unfair to criticize it. I'd say it's pretty damn good considering.

Just for compairson, a 2008 Chevrolet CC LWB 2500 has a turning circle of 55.1 ft, much worse than the Titan (although the Chevy is a bit longer.)
Why does the turning radius have to be more than the regular titan?

When i test drove the tundra crew max i found parking it to be harder than my titan. I think because it feels so much bigger maybe (not a good thing).

#15 ·
cleoent said:
Why does the turning radius have to be more than the regular titan?

When i test drove the tundra crew max i found parking it to be harder than my titan. I think because it feels so much bigger maybe (not a good thing).
Think about it.....a wheelbase of 224 vs 244. That's 20 more inches to turn and the axis is the rear axle so the turns on the LWB will be wider. I don't think Nissan could do it successfully but, rear wheel steering would be nice!

#16 ·
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Think about it.....a wheelbase of 224 vs 244. That's 20 more inches to turn and the axis is the rear axle so the turns on the LWB will be wider. I don't think Nissan could do it successfully but, rear wheel steering would be nice!
they couldn't just make the front tires turn more?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.