Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on tire options and the 305/65/18 falken peaks caught my eye. I love the size and the price is great. my only issue is I want to run my stock wheels and this write up says you cant go any wider then 295 with the stock wheel and spindles. PerformanceLifts.com -- CST 2004-2010 Nissan Titan 4" Lift - Foundation Kit
My question is can anyone confirm this or one way or the other? I see a lot of titans with the spindles and stock wheels and I cant imagine the widest any of them are going is 295.
sorry if this should be in the wheels and tires thread but I figured I should put it in here since its the suspension that is determining whether or not I can run them

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
when I was just running spindles and the stock wheels, I had to add a 5mm spacer to run 325/65R18 tires. You would be close with those IMO, worst case scenario you need small spacers.

Reactions: ketel27

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I am ran 305 65 18s on my stock 2006 se4x4 but when I lifted it yesterday with the rough country 3 inch leveling kit the new ucas rub when I turn. Any suggestions on tires or what to do? I am running stock wheels.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help guys. louie do you have the OEM wheels still? what kind of tire are you running? I havent found many options in that size but I definitely want to go with that size if I can.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya the BFG's and falkens are pretty much the only ones i have found

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have spindle lift with stock rims and 295-70-18 tires w/ no pwd no rub but the tires are very close to spindle, i cant even fit my pinky in between spindle and tire.....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have spindle lift with stock rims and 295-70-18 tires w/ no pwd no rub but the tires are very close to spindle, i cant even fit my pinky in between spindle and tire.....
ya I wouldnt be surprised if the 305 is too wide. it specifically says that the 295 is the widest you can go with the spindles and oem wheels. I was just wondering if anyone had actually done it and I dont think it can be done with out a wheel spacer

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I run 325/65-18 on stock wheels with no issues.
Aren't you are running a pro comp lift? Doesn't really help him with his question if you are.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I ran BFG 315/70/17 with stock OR wheels with no PWM, no spacers, and no problems at all. Want to buy them? Ill give you a reallllly good price. I want some 37s.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I ran 325's with CST Spindles and stock wheels no issues.

Reactions: ketel27

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ran BFG 315/70/17 with stock OR wheels with no PWM, no spacers, and no problems at all. Want to buy them? Ill give you a reallllly good price. I want some 37s.
I have the 18" wheels so they wouldnt work. thanks though and its good to know that you were able to go that wide. I wonder if its different for the different OEM wheel options we have? maybe different backspacing or something?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts