Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
What happened?
Somebody stuck a blue oval on the back of a Focus and chopped off the top?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Hmmm, well considering a heavy Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins is capable of 20-22mpg on the freeway, I see no reason why a small diesel in the lighter F150 wouldn't be able to pull off 31mpg.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
37L1 said:
Say, how much is a gallon of diesel now???
Well considering you're getting an average of...oh, let's say 25 MPG with the diesel and an average of 15 MPG with the gas. Now, let's keep that in mind. Our Titans (well most of us) have a 28 gallon fuel tank correct? If I were to fill my tank, from completely empty (at $3.10/gal) it would cost me $86.80. Now if I were to fill it with diesel, again from completely empty (at $3.40/gal) that would cost me $95. Okay, so I spent $8.20 more to fill up my diesel. Now let's see the gas mileage. A diesel, that has the average of 25 MPG, is going to get 700 miles to the tank. The gas, with an average of 15 MPG, is going to get me 400 miles to the tank. I'm going to damn near get twice the miles at $8.20 more to fill up (175% more to be exact):huh: I don't know about you, but I'd be more than happy to pay $8.20 more to almost get twice the mileage out of my tank.

Granted, I understand the initial cost of the diesel engine is much greater than that of the gas engine. I also understand that with that premium of buying the diesel (assuming a $7,000 addition) that I could buy 2,258 gallons of gasoline (at $3.10/gal) for the truck.

So take this statement as you want, but I would love to have a diesel in my truck that returns that kind of mileage.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
roy365 said:
The demand is still there for crude either way you go right? So it's not like we will be getting any breaks if the world see's diesel as a better choice.
Biodiesel, man. Zero net CO2 emissions and from a renewable resource. You can make it yourself or locate a source in your area, no demand for crude there. :) It's a better choice than hybrid/electric cars and at the very least would get people by to a certain extent until hydrogen fuel-cell power has evolved more.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Yahooligan said:
Biodiesel, man. Zero net CO2 emissions and from a renewable resource. You can make it yourself or locate a source in your area, no demand for crude there. :) It's a better choice than hybrid/electric cars and at the very least would get people by to a certain extent until hydrogen fuel-cell power has evolved more.
So instead of your truck having a "E85 flex fuel" emblem, it would say "used grease trap capable"? Those things stink!!! If it so good then howcome Al Gore hasnt invented it yet?:rolleyes: Seems like the govt. would be aiming at that vs. ethanol.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It'l still be crap.........

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yahooligan said:
As if Americans aren't fattening up enough on their own.... Start driving around burning biodiesel from Petie's Tacos and your truck will smell like a burrito! It'll just make everyone hungry and head out to Petie's.. It's a viscious cycle! Now, if you own a restaurant, it may be good advertising! :lol:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
roy365 said:
So instead of your truck having a "E85 flex fuel" emblem, it would say "used grease trap capable"? Those things stink!!! If it so good then howcome Al Gore hasnt invented it yet?:rolleyes: Seems like the govt. would be aiming at that vs. ethanol.
Are you seriously only on the bandwagon(s) that Al Gore or the govt are on? :rolleyes:

What are the majority of vehicles powered by in the US? Gasoline.

What can they easily be converted to run on? E85.

It would be hard for the govt to push for biodiesel when there are so few diesel passenger vehicles available to us, yet they get better fuel mileage and contribute less to global warming than gasoline even on straight diesel. Running biodiesel is an easy conversion, pollutes far less than hybrid/electric vehicles, and is fueled by a renewable resource.

Just because Microsoft has the biggest market share when it comes to operating systems doesn't mean it's the best, right? So why would you base your decision or follow-the-leader using the same criteria?

We'll be in a real pickle if people stop thinking for themselves and doing their own research. Carbon credits? That's a crock. The govt? hah, what logical decisions have they made lately? :D

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
As if Americans aren't fattening up enough on their own.... Start driving around burning biodiesel from Petie's Tacos and your truck will smell like a burrito! It'll just make everyone hungry and head out to Petie's.. It's a viscious cycle! Now, if you own a restaurant, it may be good advertising! :lol:
Ohhhh yeah!

"Yeah, fill 'er up with some Krispy Kreme, please." Mmmmmm, donuts! That would be sweet! Literally! :D

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You shouldn't be trying to touch another member's "points" anyway..... :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts