Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've done several searches and have found many guys running 33" with a leveling kit with no issues. That is what I plan on doing this week. Only problem is that my tires come before my leveling kit does. Is it okay to run 33x12.5x18 without a leveling kit in the meantime? Like 3 days or so? Tires installed tomorrow, Toyo Open Country M/T's and leveling kit installed after the weekend. Thanks!!!

PS: What's up whores!!! It's been awhile since I've piped up in here.....

·
Registered
989 Posts
33's are only a half inch taller than the stock, which are 32.6 inches. So I would think they would fit height wise, not too sure about the width though since 12.5 inches is about 2 inches wider than stock.

·
Registered
969 Posts
they should fit. they tend to rub at full articulation though but you wont be doing that will you?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
12.7" wide side wall on a 10" width rim, so they should be only about 12" wide on an 8" width. I'd be very surprised if they rub with an OEM rim.

Stock O.R. 17s are a 33 inch tire, although about 1" narrower on the 17x7.5 rims.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if your a 4x4 you don't need the leveling kit, im running 33's. but i want the leveling kit myself because of the titan slope

·
Registered
43 Posts
i do apologize i am not running 33's exactly, P285/70R17 which is 32.7 x 11.4, i bought these because of the 50,000 mile tread life warranty and i paid 192 a piece so a little over a grand with tax. i do wish i went with something more aggressive but i will wait until the warranty runs out for those.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet...got them installed today. No issues, was told by the tire install guys that there was enough clearance and rubbing will not be an issue. Got to wait next week till my leveling kit gets installed. Thanks everyone for the tips!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: YES

YES YOU CAN!!! i have the exact tires as you on a 2004 KC 4x4 SE not the offroad package and i use my truck ALOT and take it offroading and hunting. I have completely bottomed out with no problems! YOU DO NOT NEED A LEVEL KIT to run 33x12.50R18 Toyo MT on Factory wheels. Have Fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

YES YOU CAN!!! i have the exact tires as you on a 2004 KC 4x4 SE not the offroad package and i use my truck ALOT and take it offroading and hunting. I have completely bottomed out with no problems! YOU DO NOT NEED A LEVEL KIT to run 33x12.50R18 Toyo MT on Factory wheels. Have Fun!
They look really good on your Titan. How are the Toyo M/Ts in the snow? ... Haven't had mine up there yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the snow...AMAZING!! In some places i go ice fishing it is not unusual to be pushing through snow higher than my fog lights.

Not so on ice :crying: lol, Watch out on any icy patch, you will be skating a long long ways. But i knew that in advance. I would highly reccomend the Toyo MT to anyone but i would be very sure they knew it is NOT an ice tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet, got the leveling kit installed!!! Love these tires so far, time to play in the mud. I've attached some pics, kinda crappy ones taken from my blackberry. Will post better ones, once they get dirty!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Got
um i would still say yes as long as the total size is still 33, damn i didn't know that 08's came with 20's
I have an 07 with stock 18 rims. Just put 33/12.50/18 on. No rub n scrub whatsoever. Put a 2 1/2" leveling kit on a week later. Looks great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts