Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the 17" off road rim w/a leveling kit installed. I was wondering if anyone has installed a 33x12.5x17 tire on the factory rim. If so how was the fitment. Any rubbing or clearance issues that I should be aware of before I decide to replace the old 285x70x17 rubbers. Pics would also be helpful. Please advise. Thanks in advance..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
You should have no issues installing 33's on your ride with the leveling kit in place. Depending on which brand of tire you choose, you might have to lose your mud flaps. I was able to stuff 35/12.50's on my OR wheels when I had my leveling kit. I think I still have pics in my gallery.....?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had aftermarket wheels with sort of the same offset as the oem wheels and i was able to stuff 35s as well. Had to do the pinch weld mod to the truck but they fit, the only thing that really sucked was the gas milage it changed drastically, I put some new nitto terra grapplers on in there place (295/75/17) and they fit better and i got my gas milage back a lot, so you shouldnt have any problem running 33s

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
aldaman said:
I currently have the 17" off road rim w/a leveling kit installed. I was wondering if anyone has installed a 33x12.5x17 tire on the factory rim. If so how was the fitment. Any rubbing or clearance issues that I should be aware of before I decide to replace the old 285x70x17 rubbers. Pics would also be helpful. Please advise. Thanks in advance..
I have the exact same setup with the 33x12.50/17 tires and have only had 01 time where there was contact. I had a bed full of firewood and when I turned (sharp turn at an intersection) the rear tire flexed and touched the leaf spring for about a second. Leads me to believe that 1. I needed more air and 2. I should have slowed a little more since it didn't happen again on the 40 mile trip home. I have the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (traditional)
and can go more places in two wheel drive than I could in four wheel drive with the stock BFG's. these babies are TOUGH and LOUD (not louder than my single chamber Cherry Bomb :cheers: )
Fd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts