Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing research about the proper lift/level for my titan. I have a 2007 4x4 but I still have a couple little questions I need cleared up. I am going to get the bilsteins(all 4) and set the front on the middle perch which will give me about an 1.5". Then get the prg leveling kit 1.5" and 1" block for the back. I want to get the fuel hostage rim or the fuel lethal. I want the 20x9 so I can get 33x12.5x20 to fit without rubbing. I don't mind taking off the mud flaps. But as far as offset goes that's where I'm confused. Looking on the fuel website all I know is that i want to have about a half inch sticking out of the wheel well. What dimensions do I need to look at to achieve this. Here is a link of the Fuel Lethals Lethal - D567 - Fuel Off-Road Wheels. If someone could help me out It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have to do anything as far as lift goes? But if I wanted about a half inch sticking out past the wheel well what specs should I be looking at on the website.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Leave the bilsteins on the bottom setting and get a 2 inch spacer for the front so you dont get coil bucket contact. 2 inches up front should level the truck, if you go higher you will need at least rough country upper control arms to clear the coil buckets. -12mm is almost 1/2" of offset so it should get you out past the wheel well a bit.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
With a 12.5" wide tire you can probably go with stock offset on a 9" rim (+12mm) and get .5" outside the fender. I have 11" wide tires with stock offset and they're a little outside the fender (.25-.5 inch). The larger negative offset pushes the wheel farther out from the hub and will require more cutting the farther out you go.

If I could do it all over again I'd go with -12mm offset as it gives a wider stance, but I will have 1" spacers shortly which will serve the same purpose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about back spacing. I was reading that the stock rim is about 5" of back spacing. I was hoping to keep the same back spacing so that will limit the need of the PWM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And if I leave the bilsteins on the bottom perch and get the 2" spacer for the front. Should I get a .5" spacer for the rear to keep a little forward rake. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
456 Posts
And if I leave the bilsteins on the bottom perch and get the 2" spacer for the front. Should I get a .5" spacer for the rear to keep a little forward rake. Thanks for the help
maybe, once you do the front you could measure the truck. Maxtrac makes a 1 " lift shackle also, alot easier than adding blocks. You could just do a 1.5" lift spacer on the front. After you finish the front drive it for a few days because it may settle some. When I finished my front end it raised my truck 2 inches, after driving it around some the springs and struts settled an inch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about back spacing with the fuel hostage rims. If i keep it at 5" 20x9 with +1mm offset will that be ok with minimal rubbing and stick out about 1/2 to 3/4" outside the wheel well

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
You'll probably stick out at least 3/4" more like 1-1.5 inch. If you have any rubbing it'll most likely be slight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How does back spacing work. If I decrease back spacing does that tuck the tire in more under the wheel well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts