Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got these on their ride, or for those of you in the bay area.. on their whip..

i like them, they are pretty :) lol

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I ran them on mine as the first set, they did very very very well (50/50 on/off road). I ended up getting over 30k miles out of them, with tread still being slightly above the tread wear indicator, but had to get new tires due to an upcoming Mojave trip... I'm trying the Nitto Terra Grapplers and went down to 33" to better the gas mileage and power, got tired of turning them 35's...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I have some ProComp extreme all terrains on mine-- they are pretty nice. Was going to go with the mud terrain, but decided a better ride, with mileage warranty, is best...

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yaa i was going to go with the xtreme a/t's but i didnt see a need for them.
drtyazn how big is your lift? correct me if im wrong but arent the stock size tires 33's, and i have the stock size, just more aggressive tread w/ a 4" spindle and they are just barely big enough to not look stupid..

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so then they are really damn close to 33's :p but still how big is the lift?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I have a PC stage 1 lift, 6" lift... main reason for going less on the tires was due to gas mileage in town... I have 17" rims so I still maximize the rubber for off road purposes... the difference is really only one inch of height, not two... but revolutions per mile is like 35's = 590 vs. 33's = 620

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aahhhh lol well now that i am enlightened, i have learned from your ways :) im going 35's and not the 37 BFG Projects like i wanted.. better gas milage :p

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Energizer said:
with a 6" lift, I still get a little rubbing every now & then with 35's... not sure why...
during your full turns and downward movement, the inside corners will still catch w/ 35's... do a search here for "pinch weld", a little shaving of the wheel well should help to fix that rub... I had to take a bit off each bottom corner of the bumper end caps as well, but nothing noticeable...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
during your full turns and downward movement, the inside corners will still catch w/ 35's... do a search here for "pinch weld", a little shaving of the wheel well should help to fix that rub... I had to take a bit off each bottom corner of the bumper end caps as well, but nothing noticeable...
they trimmed it as far as the weld, and also trimmed the bumper area-- not noticeable at all.

not sure if I want to trim the weld-- they suggested against it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts