Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 6' lift, and mounting some 35's on my stock 18's. The vast majority of my driving will be on the street, so I'm wondering what the best options are for a daily driver. Price is a significant factor, but road noise is equally important. I'd also like something that has an aggressive, wide look to it. Can anyone speak from experience on this? Any suggestions?

Thanks........

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think some Nitto Trail Grapplers would work for you.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
trail grapplers, terra grapplers, Toyo MTs (kinda loud on my cousins Hummer), BFG AT KOs, and General Grabbers

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Price is a significant factor, but road noise is equally important.

Having said that, a M/T tire would not work for you. Yes there a few out there that are quiet when you install them, as the miles pack on, the louder they become. Also, for just driving on the street, the weight of the M/T will hurt your mileage by about 1-2 mpg. Not to mention, the M/T will wear much quicker than an A/T, as the M/T is meant to be driven off road. The further apart the voids on the tire, the louder it will be driving around. The faster you go, the louder it will become.

So my advice, look into an A/T tire. Since price is a significant factor, stay away from BFG... :lol:

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
nitto terra grapplers. I THINK i saw that nitto or toyo or both came out with a highway tread tire. one of those brands offers it in a large size, possibly 35?
here is nitto's website with the "duragrappler. I see a 325 60 18. so a 33 by 12.5. THere are other sizes but i dont know there size metric to american. click on grappler trucks, than dura grappler, than sizes/specs
http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Not sure if the Nitto Terragrapplers are out of your price range, but if they're not, they seem to be exactly what you're looking for.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Reactions: Justhere4aday

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having said that, a M/T tire would not work for you. Yes there a few out there that are quiet when you install them, as the miles pack on, the louder they become. Also, for just driving on the street, the weight of the M/T will hurt your mileage by about 1-2 mpg. Not to mention, the M/T will wear much quicker than an A/T, as the M/T is meant to be driven off road. The further apart the voids on the tire, the louder it will be driving around. The faster you go, the louder it will become.

So my advice, look into an A/T tire. Since price is a significant factor, stay away from BFG... :lol:
Thanks for the heads up on road noise, wear, etc. I'll definitely be looking for an AT then.

·
Registered
370 Posts
look into the mickey thompson baja atz's, i have been looking at them for 35s and their price isnt too bad

·
Registered
795 Posts
get the BFG AT KO's. they are really quite and have excellent road manners. no complaints from me yet.....i have had the NITTO's as well and they are also a great tire. i like them more so because of their appearance, they look wider than the BFG's, its just the way the tread pattern and side wall is setup

·
Registered
542 Posts
look into the mickey thompson baja atz's, i have been looking at them for 35s and their price isnt too bad
If road noise is a factor for the OP, I personally would stay far away from the MT Baja ATZ's. A buddy of mine has those on his Ram, and the road noise is insane. If he's on the highway he basically can't use the cell phone for anything other than urgent use. Of course some of that could come from the fact that the Ram has the build engineering and quality of a 30 year-old farm truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts