Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am running a pro comp 6in with fab tech tubular uca and 35x12.50x20s. I had slight rubbing on the passenger side before I put the new ucas on, but now it's really bad almost rubs every time I make a normal right turn. And idea of what I could do or solutions to this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Do you have mud flaps? You'll probably have to remove them. Secondly, do the pinch weld mod. Search that in the top right function of this sight and you'll get a write up on how to do it. And you'll be solid! Best of luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
6 in lift and its rubbing? i have a 2in leveling kit and run 315/70/17 (34inch tire) with the stock mudflaps and have no rubbing even at full turn....with 4 more inches of clearance and 1 inch bigger tire i cant see how your rubbing.....do you have bad struts and they are bottomed out?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
6 in lift and its rubbing? i have a 2in leveling kit and run 315/70/17 (34inch tire) with the stock mudflaps and have no rubbing even at full turn....with 4 more inches of clearance and 1 inch bigger tire i cant see how your rubbing.....do you have bad struts and they are bottomed out?

Any pictures? I am going to go up a size, most likely will go 295-70-17, but am considering bigger.

Pics of the front clearances would be awesome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 6.5 inch spindle/strut spacer lift on my 2009 2wd Nissan titan. I also have 35x12.5x20 tire/rim setup. I rubbed too. so my dad and I took a grinder and cut out little tiny slices of metal from the truck behind the plastic fender on the back side of the front tire until it didn't rub. We cut in a curved shape because the tires rub on the outer edge when you turn. We then sanded the metal edge down and applied rustoleum on the edge we cut. We painted it with this tough paint (I forgot what it was called). We cut a flap in the back portion of the plastic fender wall. After that we applied marine grade sealant and glue so that the fender would stick to the metal body. We put a S*** ton of glue and sealant. If you do it this way make sure you don't lose the foam pieces behind the plastic inner fender that prevent dirt debris and water from sitting inside the metal portion of the truck behind the plastic inner fender wall. Ill show pics when I get home. To this day there has been no rust and water and sand doesn't get inside of our sealed flap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 6.5 inch spindle/strut spacer lift on my 2009 2wd Nissan titan. I also have 35x12.5x20 tire/rim setup. I rubbed too. so my dad and I took a grinder and cut out little tiny slices of metal from the truck behind the plastic fender on the back side of the front tire until it didn't rub. We cut in a curved shape because the tires rub on the outer edge when you turn. We then sanded the metal edge down and applied rustoleum on the edge we cut. We painted it with this tough paint (I forgot what it was called). We cut a flap in the back portion of the plastic fender wall. After that we applied marine grade sealant and glue so that the fender would stick to the metal body. We put a S*** ton of glue and sealant. If you do it this way make sure you don't lose the foam pieces behind the plastic inner fender that prevent dirt debris and water from sitting inside the metal portion of the truck behind the plastic inner fender wall. Ill show pics when I get home. To this day there has been no rust and water and sand doesn't get inside of our sealed flap.

Hey could you post those pictures for me i would appreciate it!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah pinch weld mod. My rubbed more on the passenger than the drivers. But did both sides with a dremel. All is good.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts

All depends on your offset

1 - 10 of 10 Posts