Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nitto mud grapplers will be here wendsday, hopefully they will fit!
05, smoke, 4x4, 2" leveling, stock wheels.

Comment if anyone has info or has this setup.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
NICE choice!!!! They should fit fine. Worst case scenerio would be adding the Pinch-Weld Mod.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont mind doing that. Wish i could see some pic of truck that already have them on with a leveling kit. Ill post some on wendsday after i get them on.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I can't wait to see this! Did you know Nitto's tend to run large?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Yellomantis said:
....Did you know Nitto's tend to run large?
Do you think they're too bad though?? My diameter is very close to 33" and the entire width is only about 13", the tread is 12" wide, the size matches fairly identical to the specs listed on Nitto's site. So, the 35x12.5-18 Mud Grappler should be about 35" diameter and a hair under 12.5" wide for the whole tire wall and the Lugs on the sides might add maybe 1" to the width so you'd be looking at 13.5" max width.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Emudgrappler%2Esizes

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Pops said:
Do you think they're too bad though?? My diameter is very close to 33" and the entire width is only about 13", the tread is 12" wide, the size matches fairly identical to the specs listed on Nitto's site. So, the 35x12.5-18 Mud Grappler should be about 35" diameter and a hair under 12.5" wide for the whole tire wall and the Lugs on the sides might add maybe 1" to the width so you'd be looking at 13.5" max width.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Emudgrappler%2Esizes
The mud grapplers are wider than most tires at the absolute edge of the tread due to the side biters. I have never heard of anyone that had them with a leveling kit, which is why I'm so curious about fitment. I had a set of Kumho CORR mud tires that rubbed on the frame with stock off road 17" wheels. Those were 17X7.5 with (I think) less backspacing than the OEM 18"ers.....

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Yellomantis said:
The mud grapplers are wider than most tires at the absolute edge of the tread due to the side biters. I have never heard of anyone that had them with a leveling kit, which is why I'm so curious about fitment. I had a set of Kumho CORR mud tires that rubbed on the frame with stock off road 17" wheels. Those were 17X7.5 with (I think) less backspacing than the OEM 18"ers.....
I went back and re-read the threads I've seen on this before. The ones I saw had changed their mind about the Nitto MudGrapplers and went with Cooper Discoverer STT's, BFG M/T's, Kuhmo's, or Toyo M/T's and neither of them have the large lugs on the sides and the Pich-Weld Mod was necessary on some of them.

This is interesting....

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Pops said:
I went back and re-read the threads I've seen on this before. The ones I saw had changed their mind about the Nitto MudGrapplers and went with Cooper Discoverer STT's, BFG M/T's, Kuhmo's, or Toyo M/T's and neither of them have the large lugs on the sides and the Pich-Weld Mod was necessary on some of them.

This is interesting....
Yeah, those GIANT lugs on the sides had me wondering. Well, that and the sound of a fleet of cesnas while driving down the highway.

Reactions: Monst3r

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well hopefully they will work cause I really dont want to have to pay shipping to return them lol. Thanks for all the info. Ill let ya know wendsday yes or no.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
If they don't fit for some reason, you might be able to sell them and get your money back with the explanation. You're in the heart of Titan Country, there's bound to be someone down there who will want them instead of waiting on an order to come in. Personally, I would be a Mod'ing Dog trying to get them to fit because they look SWEET. :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are on and look awesome. I try to get some pics up tomrrow in the light

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Any rubbing anywhere?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yellomantis said:
Any rubbing anywhere?

It rubs a little but i havent cut anything yet, which i will when i have time. Only thing i have done right now is taken the mud flaps off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ERNEST said:
where u located in tx
love to see pics?

Im from Nocona, Tx, but im up in Norfolk, Ne right now going to school, but ya ill get some pics up today!

·
Registered
781 Posts
husker1206 said:
Nitto mud grapplers will be here wendsday, hopefully they will fit!
05, smoke, 4x4, 2" leveling, stock wheels.

Comment if anyone has info or has this setup.

good thing you put that it was smoke cause that will make a difference if it will fit

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
good thing you put that it was smoke cause that will make a difference if it will fit
Thanks for clearing that up for me smartass!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts