Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have been looking for a 37x12.5 or 13.5 x 20 tire, e rated. i have found a bunch and i'm looking to see if i have missed any.

what i have found

at tires:

swamper vortrac
nitto & toyo (14.00 wide)
pc extreme at

mt tires:
toyo and nitto mt
swamper m-16
kumho mt
pitbull rocker
swamper ssr

if anyone has any other tires they have used or seen let me know. seems like eveyone runs the toyo open country's. have seen some procomps.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my biggest thing with my next buy is the all around good use of the tire. my kumho at's are good in snow and my mt's are not so great in snow unless its deep. so i use the at in winter and mt for the rest of the year. i like how the at drives though. i would like an aggressive at like a mt atz but they don't make it in the size i want.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
x 20" not 17 and i have come to the conclusion that i need some decent sipping on my tires.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I caught that, I had added a 20" ... but what do you mean by decent siping? You can sipe a 17 just as easily as a 20. Also, if you are going for a shorter sidewall 20, you don't really need and E load rating unless you are sticking them on a rim that's too narrow for the tire.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I caught that, I had added a 20" ... but what do you mean by decent siping? You can sipe a 17 just as easily as a 20. Also, if you are going for a shorter sidewall 20, you don't really need and E load rating unless you are sticking them on a rim that's too narrow for the tire.
the hankook mt has no sipping, thats what i was refering to. these won't be going on a titan, they will be on a 2500, so i figured e rated as i will be carrying 2 sleds and a sled deck in the back of it.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Definitely E rated tires are a good idea then.

I had tire shop aftermarket sipping done to my Toyo M/T's, (which was done when I bought them so can't compare before and after), but also to my current Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's which had factory sipping, but had poor traction in the rain their first rainy season. The siping was done before this 2nd rainy season, and has made a huge improvement. I'll aways pay the extra $12 to $15 per tire for it after experiencing the difference.

Aftermarket sipping is like razor cuts shaped sort of like shallow UUUUUU, so the tread stay stronger than if you used a hand siper, and doesn't reduce tread material like the grooves that the tire manufacturers call siping.
Tire Siping - Discount Tire Not all of the America's Tire/Discount or other chains have the machines though. Btw, a guy at Les Schawb Tire just told me they do 37's all the time, and 38's and 40's have been done.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i have said this before, but i need to find someone aroudn my area that sipes tires. i have yet to find anyone.

norcal, seeing as you seem to be very knowledgable about tires and wheels, do you think i could get away with a d rated tire that can handle 33-3400 lbs on a 2500?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Probably a better question for member Discount Tire. I did notice the BFG KM2 37x12.5R20s will handle 3085 pounds at their maximum 50 psi, so that would be 12,340 pounds of truck and load on the proper width rim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts